Pillars of Eternity Linux Support Disappointment

I'm disappointed about what you said on PAX Prime 2015, that it was hard to support Linux for you and only a small portion of the fanbase is a Linux user. I use it on Linux, I want you to assure me that this will not be the last game for you to port on Linux. Please tell me, if you would, because I love this game. I was not a Kickstarter backer, but I have bought it in full price, a few days after launch, and am planning to buy the White Marches, too. Please, support Linux, because I started using it the same time I bought the game and I like it way more than Windows. It is more stabile, more updates, and faster to launch. And your game is awesome! If you don't believe it, check out what I have written on Steam. Please developers, say something, or point me to a post you have written. Many thanks,
Balashka, a Pillars of Eternity and Obsidian fan.

P.S.: I love the way you made this game.

Hey, guys. I probably could have chosen my words better than I did. I wasn't trying to upset any of our Linux supporters and I didn't mean to belittle their support. I love all of our backers and I appreciate all of their help.

We basically had to build our Linux infrastructure from scratch on our side. It wasn't something we were used to. It was also painful for us to develop in Linux because the Unity tools didn't support Linux at the time. This meant that we were unable to debug on the platform.

Now that we have gone through the process of creating these builds it is something that will be much easier for us in the future. Pair that with SteamOS, Steam Controller, and Steam Machine and I think Linux's future is good with PoE games.

Source.

I'm disappointed about what you said on PAX Prime 2015, that it was hard to support Linux for you and only a small portion of the fanbase is a Linux user. I use it on Linux, I want you to assure me that this will not be the last game for you to port on Linux. Please tell me, if you would, because I love this game. I was not a Kickstarter backer, but I have bought it in full price, a few days after launch, and am planning to buy the White Marches, too. Please, support Linux, because I started using it the same time I bought the game and I like it way more than Windows. It is more stabile, more updates, and faster to launch. And your game is awesome! If you don't believe it, check out what I have written on Steam. Please developers, say something, or point me to a post you have written. Many thanks,

Balashka, a Pillars of Eternity and Obsidian fan.

P.S.: I love the way you made this game.

You could have just bumped the other topic.