Retraining bugs

Hebruixe

Question

I'm just reporting a few bugs I've experienced with the respec system, in hopes of helping out.

Retraining my main character fails to reset his skill points. So he'll start over at level 1 with 10 points in Lore (and then receive additional new skill points for each retrained level). This bug does not seem to happen when I retrain my companions.

Retaining companions sometimes fails to reset talents. For example, when I retrained Sagani, it offered me the "Brutal Takedown" talent at level 2, presumably because "Takedown" had not been erased from her talent pool.

Hope this helps! Despite the bugs, I love Pillars of Eternity and White March!

1 answer to this question

Hello, Hebruixe.  I'm sorry for the inconvenience.  I am unable to reproduce either of these issues.  Perhaps we have already fixed it internally.  

For future reference please upload a saved game, output log, and screen shot from a game that is experiencing this issue.  Or one save from right before, and one right when it happens.  Uploading those files to Dropbox and then posting a link here for me to download will help get to the bottom of the issue.  Thanks!

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/