Cragholdt quest not completing and possible boss issue (spoilers)

Teucer

Question

After completing the Siege of Cragholdt quest [boss defeated and Steam achievement acquired] the quest still appears in my journal, updated only to say that I had to defend myself upon entering the camp and that I should talk to the Commander of the Torn Banner. 

Regarding the lich boss, I walked in just enough to trigger the conversation, then ran back to the doors. All the mobs except one in the top left and the lich boss himself were pulled. After killing those, my party came out of combat. I was able to save the game and rest. I went back into the room and killed the boss and remaining mob. When I did this for a 2nd time (just for testing) I loaded the save and when I went in the conversation re-triggered (which did not happen the 1st time when I continued after resting).

There is also a barbarian mercenary in the camp who is stuck on a tent, is unable to move but will attack when you stand next to him, near the training grounds.

8 answers to this question

Hello Teucer,

Could you please send me the save files for each issue that is occurring, please include an output log as well via dropbox and post the link here so I can take a look at it. If you have a save before you fight the lich, that would be very helpful.

Thanks a bunch!

Sent you a direct message with the save files and log. Hope it helps :)

I believe I may have found the problem. In your save, one of the Algul is hostile while the rest are friendly. When I creeped up slowly, combat initiated first but then the dialogue was prompt. I was able to get the one hostile Algul to run in the back and kill him separately. Then I walked in and the dialogue came up again. 

I have entered the bug into our database and forwarded it along to the appropriate department.

Thank you for your help and support!

I believe I may have found the problem. In your save, one of the Algul is hostile while the rest are friendly. When I creeped up slowly, combat initiated first but then the dialogue was prompt. I was able to get the one hostile Algul to run in the back and kill him separately. Then I walked in and the dialogue came up again. 

I have entered the bug into our database and forwarded it along to the appropriate department.

Thank you for your help and support!

Great!

Any idea what's going on with the quest? I never spoke with the Commander, he immediately attacked me.

I'm not sure if you uploaded a save file for that one. Did you send it to me in the message? If not, send me the save where he attacks you w/out dialogue.

Thanks!

I don't have a save right before finding him, but I loaded further back and cleared my way to the Commander again. This time I was able to talk to him.

I'm not sure why he was hostile on my first play through. Maybe it is something similar to the lich boss issue, where one of the mobs was hostile before the conversation triggered?

One difference between my retry and the original play through is that in the original I cleared everything on the map (including the mobs in the cave) before going up to where the Commander is located.

On my original play through, I remember being surprised that I was fighting the Commander. I think I was finishing off a different group of enemies and got close enough to trigger one of the mobs on the edge of the Commander's group, which accidentally pulled them all.

I included a Caed Nua save in my message to you, which is at a time after I finished Cragholdt (Commander and final boss dead). You can see in that save that the quest is stuck on the 'Talk to the Commander' part.

Yes, I notice that and saw that your quest did not update after killing the commander, which is why you couldn't finish the quest after finishing Cragholdt.  I was hoping you would have a save file with the issue at hand to see if I could reproduce it. Since you loaded an older save and had not problems this time around, I will consider this solved. 

I will submit the files you sent me and add them to our database, maybe the programmers and take a better look.

If the issue ever occurs again, please let me know.

Thank you for your support!

Had the issue where the algoul was aggressive upon entering the boss chamber also. 
The commander had been killed prior, could talk with him but did not - instead instigated aggression on his group. 

Achievement Quest of Cragholdt was obtained but quest is stuck in journal.