Translation issues related / Glossary Term

Aurelio

Question

Hi,

I asked this some time ago via a private PM and now again on the forum to reach more devs. :)

Maybe one of the devs would be so kind to give a status update, if possible?

---
I'm one of the guys working on the german translation fixes of PoE.

I tested the Glossary Term [g] [/g] feature with v 1.0.6. It's working more or less fine in the cyclopedia. I tested with the "Accuracy" entry and linking to hits, crits, graces, misses etc.

However it's not always working perfectly.

In the german translation we translated hits, grazes and crits to
"Treffer", "Leichte Treffer", "Kritische Treffer".

Because the term "Treffer" is used in the other terms to, the parser always links to the first one.

As workaround we used the word joiner code & #x2060;

"T& #x2060;reffer"
This tricks the parser because the word is now different but it's invisble to the user.

This works on PC and Linux but not on MAC OS.

See the screenshots here: https://github.com/p...atch/issues/154

Unfortunally this workaround does not work very well on MAC OS because the wordjoiner is displayed as special char. Not sure if this can be fixed?

I tried the [g][/g] tags also in the gui.stringtable to reduce the amount of workaround wordjoiners but there they do not seem to work.

They get removed (not displayed) but the words are not highlighted and linked.

E.g. I tried to change

ID 1236
{0} Schaden gegen Niedergeschlagen& #x2060;e, Betäubt& #x2060;e, Flankiert& #x2060;e Feinde

into

{0} Schaden gegen [g]Niedergeschlagen[/g]e, [g]Betäubt[/g]e, [g]Flankiert[/g]e Feinde

I received the following answer back then:

"Just so I understand, the problem is that glossary is triggering an internal match to "Treffer" instead of the multi-word "Leichte Treffer". I can see how the system could fail for this situation. Ideally, I think if we're using [g][/g] terms, we would only allow for exact matching instead of supporting sub word matching within those blocks.

However, I'm not on the PoE team, but this should be a simple enough of a change. I will see if I can get either some time to get this done or explain the request to the programmers on the PoE team."

To sum it up.

- The glossary is triggering an internal match to "Treffer" instead of the multi-word "Leichte Treffer" or "Kritische Treffer"

- The glossary does not seem to work in gui.stringtable or other string tables.

- The word joiner works fine on Windows and Linux systems but not on Mac. On Mac we have font issues.

We might still need the word joiner because we also use it for other purposes. E.g to combine words like Burn, Freeze and damage.

E.g. gui.stringtable.

German version
      <ID>1329</ID>
      <DefaultText>{0}⁠schaden</DefaultText>

English version
      <ID>1329</ID>
      <DefaultText>{0} Damage</DefaultText>

The german language combines lots of words. E.g. It's not burn damage. It's burndamage (Brandschaden)

Thanks in advance for any hints or help.

4 answers to this question

I'm thinking the easy way to fix this would be to match longer glossary terms before shorter ones.  That should ensure that, for example, "Leichte Treffer" gets prioritized over "Treffer".  We should be able to add this for the expansion day-one patch.  I'll look into better support for the word-joiner character as well.

• Like 2