Constant freeze while music still plays

KreshnaX

Question

12 answers to this question

Hello, KreshnaX.  We are aware with issues regarding Windows 10.  This is primarily a Unity problem.  They have a new version coming out soon, but I'm not sure what is entailed in getting our files and game upgraded to the newest version.  For now try to run the game in Administrator mode and also in Windows 7 or 8 compatibility mode.  

You might also check to make sure that all your drivers are up to date and any new updates that Windows has put out since you upgraded.  Thanks for your support!

• Like 1

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/

Hello again.  Being as this is  Unity issue and nothing we have control over, no, I don't have an ETA.  That will be entirely up to Unity.  They have a new version coming, but I'm not sure what the release date is.  I also don't know how difficult it will be to upgrade our underlying systems or if we will be doing so at all.  Thanks!

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/

Hello all,

I'm experiencing the same behavior on my system (Windows 10 x64).  I last played the game on Windows 7 x64 before upgrading and it ran without any issues.  

The game runs fine for about a minute until it freezes.  I can still manipulate the game controls and hear audio, but the UI, models etc. are all frozen.

Things I have tried which have not resolved the problem:

• Reinstalling the game
  • Verifying the integrity of all files through Steam
  • Run the game in Windows 7 compatibility mode
  • Run the game as administrator

I've attached the game's log file and dxdiag output.  I hope we can find a temporary fix to this issue.

Thanks!

output_log.txt

DxDiag.txt

Hello again.  Being as this is  Unity issue and nothing we have control over, no, I don't have an ETA.  That will be entirely up to Unity.  They have a new version coming, but I'm not sure what the release date is.  I also don't know how difficult it will be to upgrade our underlying systems or if we will be doing so at all.  Thanks!

Well, depends which version fixes it. Not sure if you can and will upgrade to Unity 5.x.

5.2 is due Sept 8. 2015

https://unity3d.com/unity/roadmap

PoE is currently on Patch level 4.6.5p1

Released: 7 May 2015

Last patch of the 4.x version is:

Patch 4.6.7p4

Released: 18 August 2015

From July 2015, the 4.6.x patches will be shipped every two weeks.

So next patch for Unity3d 4.6.x should be soon available. But if it includes a bugfix for the PoE issues is unknown.
Edited by Aurelio

After much experimentation, I've narrowed down a potential cause for this bug to an external program: EVGA Precision X

Closing Precision X seems to resolve the freezing issue, and I was able to play for more than an hour or so without any problems.

I have no idea why it could be causing a conflict with PoE, but hopefully this info will help someone out.

After much experimentation, I've narrowed down a potential cause for this bug to an external program: EVGA Precision X

Closing Precision X seems to resolve the freezing issue, and I was able to play for more than an hour or so without any problems.

I have no idea why it could be causing a conflict with PoE, but hopefully this info will help someone out.

That could have been more easy to find, its on the FAQ:

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/71830-pillars-of-eternity-support-faq/?hl=evga