The White March expansion price revealed - $15 per part, $25 for both

I could easily afford $30, but am still far from convinced it represents reasonable value for money.

That's entirely fair.

Personally I'm just happy that this kind of game is still being made in 2015, that I'll happily pay $30. 

And that's regardless of my opinion of the gameplay/story, which I found good, but not exceptional.

I guess I'm just secretly hoping that Pillars (one day) receives the Baldur's Gate 2 treatment.

I would probably say the same but then Siege of Dragonsphere was announced. I am more excited for the real thing than a bad copy.

So technically for backing up tier with first +expansion I will end up paying more... . Exp was +$20 so if I buy part #2 I will end up at $35 vs $25. So much for incentive to back :(

Unless somehow this includes Part 1 & Part 2 (which would make sense since part 1 of expansion pack is just...a part of it)

Part 1 & 2 are included together for backers who paid for that stretch goal.  That is part of the reason I think the expansion is being called part 1 & 2 rather than simply expansion 1 and expansion 2.  One expansion in two parts.

Rosveen beat me and said it better and simpler.

Nakia I have heard from several people that you are an extremely wealthy American....will you buy me both expansions in the interests of spreading that Capitalist revenue?

I believe it will  make you feel much better knowing you are helping those less fortunate and remember " in life its better to give than to receive " 

:biggrin:

1) Fact-  We had a bad recession which hurt a lot of us here in the land never paved with streets f gold but it did have oportunity and the bankers, wall street people and politicians make use of that opportunity.

2) The people who told you I was a rich American were joshing you.

3) If I was an extremely rich person I would hire Obsidian to write a game for me.    

4) Yes I am a very fortunate person but not in dollars or pesos or Euros, whatever.  I have good friends, and at an age that would blow your mind if I told you so I won't I am in good health, happy almost content and grateful for having had a beautiful life with all its ups and down.  Life is to be lived it is never long enough.

Sorry Obsidian got all my spare change and some that wasn't so spare.  

Have a nice day.

edit = Don't get me started on the USA economy or Cant will send to Off Off Topic and make mw type

"I will not rant about the USA economy or politics in the PoE forums."  One thousand times. :devil:

You realize  I was just joking  :p

I work for a global American software company and I travel to the USA at least 1-2 times a year so I'm  well aware not all Americans are rich...I assumed you knew I was joking but it seems sometimes on these forums some  people are unable to tell the difference when I joke and think I'm being serious  and get offended ...and the people who I do like, like you, I don't want to get the wrong idea about me and think I was being rude or malicious 

Yes, I knew you were joking and my answer was supposed to be taken in the same spirit.   Guess it came across too serious.

and at an age that would blow your mind if I told you so I won't

Now I'm intrigued. The only age that I haven't seen yet and so could blow my mind is less than 12 or more than 90.

Wouldn't bother you then.  I am over 12 and haven't hit 90 yet.      I' getting there though modern science is awesome. 

• Like 1

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

I think, or at least hope, to eventually see a Pillars 2 that turns an already-good series into one of the all-time greats, just as BG2 did for Baldur's Gate. 

The Pillars team was small, had a tighter budget and timetable than one might hope for, and was hamstrung to some degree by the need to complete a few of the stretch goals at the expense of other aspects of the game (individual stealth, much deeper companion quests, etc).  But despite this, Pillars largely delivered on its promise to reinvigorate the isometric real-time-with-pause RPG genre, and I for one and looking forward to the expansion packs and eventually a sequel. 

I think, or at least hope, to eventually see a Pillars 2 that turns an already-good series into one of the all-time greats, just as BG2 did for Baldur's Gate. 

The Pillars team was small, had a tighter budget and timetable than one might hope for, and was hamstrung to some degree by the need to complete a few of the stretch goals at the expense of other aspects of the game (individual stealth, much deeper companion quests, etc).  But despite this, Pillars largely delivered on its promise to reinvigorate the isometric real-time-with-pause RPG genre, and I for one and looking forward to the expansion packs and eventually a sequel. 

It made a good game for the people that mostly didn't play IE games or maybe didn't enjoy them much but it mostly failed for those that did. If that was their goal than they succeeded. 

Personally I still enjoyed it more than most shovelware RPGs that came out in last 10 years but I would still prefer if it was even more closer to its inspiration. 

Edited by archangel979

I played the IE games, enjoyed them and considered them great games.  However I think PoE is better.  Good story, fun characters, even combat is good IMO.  Sure there are things that could be improved, things that have already been improved and more to come.   I also have played several of the other games mentioned that were not D & D games.  PoE has made me very happy.

• Like 1

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg