Why would Durance help PC kill Raedric?

I thought Durnace is super supportive of the opporession against Eothas worshippers, and he even helped blow up Waidwen himself. Why would he just gladly fight along with PC to kill Raedric without a word, whose ideologies seem largely in line with his? It just doesn't make much sense to me.

Durance doesn't like Eothas or his worshipers, but that's a personal score. Honestly, Durance doesn't like most people. If you ask him, he makes it clear that he thinks animancy is the cause of Waidwen's Legacy, so he's certainly not in alignment with Raedric or any of his efforts to solve the problem.

• Like 1

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Not only that, but Durance gives a big speech when you first meet him about how he's beyond all the petty politics of the world, and is just going to follow the player because he thinks it's what his goddess wants of him. He has a whole "I don't care about your race, sex, or politics" thing he says, and is very adamant about it.

I mean, Durance is adamant about EVERYTHING, so no surprise there, but he seemed especially adamant about this part.