Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

IE Mod and Steam Achievements/VAC Anti-cheat

Steam Mods Achievements

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Khashir

Khashir

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

So, rather than restarting the game for the nth time (which would probably lead to me dropping the game entirely--my brain's gone numb from sheer repetition of the first 3 quests of Gilded Vale--when I usually discover mistakes in character development), I'm considering re-speccing my char using IE Mod. Does anyone have info whether the mod will affect my possibility of getting achievements or, worse, some sort of VAC penalty?

Karkarov

Karkarov

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2662 posts
  • PSN Portable ID:Karkarov
  • Xbox Gamertag:Karkarov
  • Steam:Karkarov
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Watcher
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

So, rather than restarting the game for the nth time (which would probably lead to me dropping the game entirely--my brain's gone numb from sheer repetition of the first 3 quests of Gilded Vale--when I usually discover mistakes in character development), I'm considering re-speccing my char using IE Mod. Does anyone have info whether the mod will affect my possibility of getting achievements or, worse, some sort of VAC penalty?

It should have absolutely no effect on any of that.

manageri

manageri

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 188 posts

I'm sure Valve has better things to do than play achievement police and ban people for cheating in single player games.

Sensuki

Sensuki

Subway Apathist of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 9965 posts
  • Steam:STEAM_0:1:1229809
  • Kickstarter Backer
There's actually even a command to re-enable achievements if you disabled them with iroll20s (in the IEMod) but I forget what it is.

Nakia

Nakia

Rogue of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1153 posts
  • Steam:nakiarogue
  • Kickstarter Backer

ReenableAchievements

Khashir

Khashir

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Thanks everyone--just wanted to let you know that I followed the instructions here (item 20), and it worked like a charm. Although you have to remove your characters equipped gear (not quickslots/inventory), for some reason mine disappeared when I did this.

Edited by Khashir, 26 June 2015 - 12:21 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Steam, Mods, Achievements

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users