Game doesn't load saved files

Lesterfairley

Question

I am unable to load saved files or start a new game.  I have looked around on the forums but haven't been able to find a resolution.  It is not the font issue from what I can tell.  any other suggestions would be helpful.  attached is the one crash report I received.

running Windows 7 and Steam

thank you

crash.zip

2 answers to this question

Hello, Lesterfairley.  We are aware of the issue of running the game with a 32 bit operating system.  There are a few work arounds that involve increasing the available memory to the game.  Please follow the thread here and see if any of that resolves your issue.  Thanks!

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/

I have encountered the same Problem on a Macbook Pro Retina with OS X 10.10 Yosemite.

I'm unable to load any saved game.

Even the automatically saved Game doesn't load.

When I try to load a self saved game, the game goes back to the main menu in about 1-2 seconds.

When I try to load the auto saved game the game crashes.

Nonetheless I was able to figure out a (really boring) workaround for the autosave game bug.

When I take the zipped save game file, unpack it, zip it again and put it in the current game location, the save game will be loaded and I can play.

Surely this has to be done every time I wan't to continue my game.

So currently it is no fun playing :-(

Is there any plan for fixing the load saved game problem in one of the next patches or any not so boring workaround?

Thanks for any helpful answer.