How many of you know a bit about ..

Daan

I don't know a lot of details, or any really, about individual synth models. But I do know that Kurzweil are amongst the very best in synthesizers, and used by many professionals.

I don't think you can go wrong in purchasing one, but only do so if you're serious (or have a lot of money to burn), as they are very good, and very in-depth in their abilities.

newlogo.gif

I used the 2600 for a while, and in my opinion, it was not worth its nearly $4,ooo purchase price. While it was capable of a great variety of sounds and had some nice features, it's learning curve was steep, customer support was almost non-existent, the user manuals were poorly written, and the tutorial video that accompanied it was virtually useless.

Before you buy your keyboard, sit in the store and play it for as long as possible. Make sure the store's employees can properly demo it and answer questions regarding its features. This is a big investment, and you really need to consider how you intend to use it (for fun, for a band, recording, etc.). If you are only planning to use the Kurzweil for casual playing, then I would really recommend shopping for something less expensive.

I hope this helps! :o

Kashka - Haha, you know, you're writing almost the exact opposite of what I read on that reviews site. Most people say the manual for (okay, I admit, a different model) the PC1X was very well written, was easy understandable and that customer support wasn't really neccessary. However, I do plan to use it for more than casual play, don't worry :unsure:.