Sagani's fox missing (after leaving stronghold)

Elzarath

Question

Hey, game is fully patched and no mods.

When I first met Sagani, I let her go straight to my stronghold (didn't take into party). Now I'm completing her personal quest so I swapped out a companion for her as we left the stronghold and she's lost her fox! He's no where to been seen. Even worse is how the dialogue with her describes what her fox is up to as we have a conversation and it's not even there lol.

Is this a known bug? Can it be fixed?

Cheers,

Elzarath

4 answers to this question

Hi Aarik, thanks for the response. I'm not really inconvenienced to be honest, just thought I'd bring it to your attention.

Unfortunately I don't have a save file that far back because I read deleting them all speeds up the save/load process so I only have my most recent saves (just started Act III).

Still on my first playthrough, which I've progressively patched as they were released, so this could've been already addressed if I start a new game.

Thanks

Actually I jumped on line to report this as well.

I recruited Sagani a bit ago and sent her to my Stronghold as i was doing other stuff for other companions at the time. I sent her on a stronghold adventure at one point but otherwise hadn't used her yet. Now, I headed back to Od Nua to resolve an attack, then decided to explore the paths below for a bit with Sagani in tow to sheck out her abilities and unique pet, but when I accessed the paths through the shortcut on the stronghold bailey, she spawned in the group but her fox didn't.

So yeah, consider that a bug reproduced at least.

Also, is it intended behavior that the Paladin's aura should be gained by enemies? I had that happening earlier today on my triple crown character. It may have killed me because I noticed all of the beasts under the temple of Eothas were gaining the zealous attack bonus in the middle of the fight. My guys were too, but so were the enemies. I assume this is a bug, but I don't know because I was on Path of the Damned at the time and don't know if that's just some horrible way to make things even harder.

Recently started this game on Xbox via GamePass and having same issue.  My main is a ranger so I dismissed Sagani to the stronghold not too long after recruiting then re-summoned her to do her quest and fox is gone, no way to recall fox at all.  Tried resting etc to no avail.  This is clearly a reproducible bug to at least some extent, I know this game is not top priority but please do fix this!  The animals are a huge draw!  I got this to play due to interest in starting PoE 2 and wanting to experience the backstory, so this is 2 games’ worth of draw bugged.  Please let the programming devs know, thanks! 🙂🦊