BUG REPORT - Priests Inspired Radiance accuracy bonuses don't work

Doppelganger

Question

I have noticed after using two different saves to level up my Priest differently that neither Inspired Radiance or the "self only" version of it (should be +10 accuracy with sword) works properly. I pulled up the stats and the accuracy bonuses are not applied to any party members or self when the Radiance is cast. They ALL have the burn damage that is akin to the Briliant Radiance instead of the bonuses they should have.

I cannot upload a save game file, because your max upload file size is capped at 507KB and the save file is over 600K!  It is a four person party with a level 3 Priest that should have Inspired Radiance, but it acts is if it is the Brilliant Radiance (with fire damage).

DxDiag.txt

11 answers to this question

I'm not sure whether temporary active effects like that are supposed to show up on the character sheet or not. Down by the portraits though, when you mouse over the right side of each character's portrait, do you see the bonus listed?

Edit: Also, do you have any other active effects that increase accuracy that might be suppressing it, like a paladin's Zealous Focus? I think I read somewhere that this is how effects (don't) stack, but I can't find the info now. A link to that would be great BTW.

Edited by Nobear

Thank you for the responses, but the stat increase is just not there. Not on the character sheet, not on the stat/inventory sheet, and not on the character portraits (buff description area) at the bottom either. All of the Radiance choices in level up seem to default to the "burn damage" one, called Brilliant Radiance I believe? But I selected the one that should boost accuracy for party members. I hope the Obsidian team sees this bug report - it's kind of a big one! I couldn't uploade my save game because the file size is too big...

Edited by Doppelganger

If you could upload a save game to somewhere like Dropbox and then post a link here we can take a closer look.  Thanks for the feedback.

Sure thing - here is a save file that should feature my priest a while after I leveled her up with Inspired _______ (the one that should give her the +10 sword bonus). I will be very interested to know your findings, results!!   Thank you

Thanks for the upload.  I will take a look at that as soon as I can and update this thread as needed.  I believe it is a bug that has already been fixed and is waiting to be patched in as I am unable to reproduce it with my own saves.  Your save however might help out in finding if it is retroactive or not.  Thanks!

• Like 1

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/

I know it's only been a week, but any info/progress in regards to this one? I haven't been playing the game, because I don't want to level up and develop that Priest only to find out I have to create another one because the patch isn't retroactive to existing characters  :(  

Doppleganger, I was unable to reproduce this bug in either case on our newest internal build.  Removing the sword from Lanfear's equipment dropped her accuracy by 10 as expected.  I leveled her up as well and chose Inspired Radiance which is adding +5 accuracy to the group as expected.  The fixes are retroactive and working as expected.  Sorry for the delay in response.  Thanks for your support and patience while we get this issue fixed.

• Like 1

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/

That's great, thank you for the reponse! So the "newest internal build" you mentioned will be the next patch basically? In the meantime, it sounds like I can continue playing and that the new fix will be retroactive (talents I've already selected) with no worries. This way I can continue playing then  :) 

Doppleganger, we have a new build just about every day, sometimes more than one.  Therefore, when the next patch happens, yes, this bug should be fixed.  As it goes with games, fixing one thing might affect something else, but we try our best with the resources we have to prevent that from happening.  And yes, you should definitely continue to keep playing! ;)

• Like 1