Infinite Fight: Northweald Stelgaer

Omnicron

Question

When I get into a fight with the Stelgaer in Northweald at the corpse with the soul dialogue option for "Hunter Brother" The combat never ends. I approach from the West. Even though all the Stelgaer are dead it seems it needs me to kill the entire colony to the east as well. Had to exit three times on my Trial of Iron Save and each time it is the same result, I cannot sleep or exit the map and I will definitely die if I try and face the rest of the pack. Have tried three times and it is the exact same problem. I did this on 1.04 with my party and I did not have this issue :( At the moment I am basically locked out of this quest. 

Edited by Omnicron

6ej155.jpg

3 answers to this question

I figured out the trigger for this. If you did not get the quest "Hunter Brother" in Hearthsong then the infinite combat will trigger. Travel back to Hearthsong and speak to the relevant NPC and the combat with the Stelgaer should end normally .

6ej155.jpg

Yes, I had this happen as well. I've seen it occur a few times in other locations too, when not all of a pack is pulled. Like against the boss at the bottom of Caed Nua when one of the enemies was still far outside of the fog of war.