Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Alter forum display mod/software

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

LadyCrimson

LadyCrimson

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 9060 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

I recall during my Beth. FO:NV foruming days that there was this program or coding thingie or something that some were using to personally define the way the Beth. fora looked to them. eg, they would change colors, remove background forum images/transparency, etc. Does anyone know what I'm talking about/where/how to find it?

My eyes have never loved white text on black background and as I get older it bothers me more and more (hard to focus on words for some reason, no it's not blurry hard to explain). But if I change theme to the default one, then it's the opposite issue (black text on lotsa bright white background). If I set Firefox to use my own colors ("not allow sites to choose") then for some reason I lose all the button image icons etc.

...all I need is black text on a darker grey background. :p

Spider

Spider

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2172 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Sounds like the Firefox plugin Greasemonkey to me.

https://addons.mozil...n/greasemonkey/

LadyCrimson

LadyCrimson

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 9060 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Hm. Doesn't seem quite right vs my memory, but the way my memory is these days ... could be it. I'll look into it.

AwesomeOcelot

AwesomeOcelot

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1318 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

In Firefox there's also the Web Developer and Firebug addons. In other browsers there's the developer console. Greasemonkey is the most popular and one of the oldest methods of userscripts for the web, it has the biggest library of userscripts, and was probably what people were using.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users