Alter forum display mod/software

I recall during my Beth. FO:NV foruming days that there was this program or coding thingie or something that some were using to personally define the way the Beth. fora looked to them. eg, they would change colors, remove background forum images/transparency, etc. Does anyone know what I'm talking about/where/how to find it?

My eyes have never loved white text on black background and as I get older it bothers me more and more (hard to focus on words for some reason, no it's not blurry hard to explain). But if I change theme to the default one, then it's the opposite issue (black text on lotsa bright white background). If I set Firefox to use my own colors ("not allow sites to choose") then for some reason I lose all the button image icons etc.

...all I need is black text on a darker grey background. :p

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Hm. Doesn't seem quite right vs my memory, but the way my memory is these days ... could be it. I'll look into it.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

In Firefox there's also the Web Developer and Firebug addons. In other browsers there's the developer console. Greasemonkey is the most popular and one of the oldest methods of userscripts for the web, it has the biggest library of userscripts, and was probably what people were using.