I haven't completed the game yet and there's a bunch of suggestions I'll be posting once I finish, but there's one thing that bothers me enough right now to kindly request a change in an upcoming patch.

First of all let me start by saying I love the enchantment mechanic. I rarely ever use this in RPG's, but in PoE I'm enchanting almost every item I can. This being said...

It does not make any sense to me that I can upgrade the Quality enchantments (such as from Fine to Exceptional) but not the Attribute Bonuses (such as from Might 1 to Might 2).

Early in the game, the ingredients needed to imbue items with the higher tier Attribute Bonuses are rare to nonexistent, so is it really necessary to make us choose between going for a weaker enchantment early on but being stuck with it, vs. waiting for the rarer ingredients but having to go with a weaker item until then? You could argue that by the time the rarer ingredients become available, there's already better gear to enchant, and while that's certainly true to an extent, there are some items that I want to keep till the very end (most notably the companions' personal gear, such as Edér's armor).

I'd also like to request the ability to overwrite the Secondary Damage enchantment. I'm not even asking for a refund of the ingredients used in the first enchantment. The sole reason I'm asking is because some enchantments are prettier with some armors than others. I just like my characters stylish is all!

While we're at it, why not just make all enchantments overwritable?

Edited by Pope

You aren't because I am too.   I really enjoy the enchanting and crafting and the scarcity of materials annoys me.  I don't expect them to be plentiful but I find their lack very frustrating.  Furthermore why can't we enchant capes or helmets?  Also those very scare items such as boots or belts or gloves?  

Edited by Nakia

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Another enchanting-related gripe to report!

Say I have an Exceptional weapon, with 8/12 enchantment slots.

For some reason I can't upgrade it to Superb, since this requires 6 free slots. Which isn't exactly fair because by upgrading from Exceptional to Superb, I should be losing the 4 slots taken by Exceptional.

EDIT: never mind I was wrong! Seems like the lvl 12 requirement was the issue!

So ignore this post! My initial post still stands though.

Edited by Pope

sometimes it does calculate the free slots wrong as you thought (on my firt playtrough sangune plate was 9/12 exceptional but it wouldnt let me upgrade it to superb even though i had materials, money and was 12th level)

PIllars of eternty (Hard) 1st playtrough: 155h, 38 m (main Ranger with bear(bow), Eder, Durance(off tank), Hirvais(off tank), Kana(ranged), Aloth/GM)
PIllars of eternty (PtoD) 2nd playtrough: 88h 30 m (main Bleak Walker Paladin, Eder, Barbarian, Monk, Rogue (ranged) Cypher(wand)
(not counting reloads and experimenting)
status i love the game, hate the bugs, and wish for better AI and Pathfinding

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/78749-needed-qualyty-of-life-improvements-information-and-transparency/