[1.04] Paralysis (possibly other debuff) durations really messed up when re-casting/stacking

thelee

Question

I noticed this before, but it didn't really trip me up until the Champion of Berath quest, where I tried to use multiple Scrolls of Paralysis to keep all the supporting Fampyrs locked down.

Simply put, repeatedly using Scrolls of Paralysis led to very misleading durations on enemies. Sometimes I see them momentarily unfreeze and begin doing some action before refreezing (and sometimes those actions go off, sometimes they're cancelled). Worst is when enemies that still have "Paralysis" listed as one of their debuffs (with a > 0s duration remaining) are running around and acting normally! See attached screenshot of a very active enemy that nonetheless is listed with a Paralysis debuff. post-58316-0-82559900-1429659882_thumb.jpg EDIT: for some reason I guess cursors don't show up in screenshots. Anyway, the Fampyr in question is the one with the tooltip, who is obviously in the middle of doing an ability even though >10s remain on his Paralysis debuff.

I feel like this must be a general issue with re-casting/refreshing/re-casting debuffs and I just normally don't notice since rarely do I have fights that last long enough that I'm repeatedly trying to debuff an enemy with the same debuff. I feel like while fighting the boss at the bottom of Caed Nua (who, on Path of the Damned, has extremely high stats so I was trying to debuff her repeatedly), I would see her stats jump back up to higher/normal levels even though my repeated debuffs still showed as active (such as Miasma of Dull-Mindedness or Cipher's Borrowed Instinct).

If any devs want a case to recreate the issue, this is my saved game from right before finishing the Champion of Berath quest.  Just keep trying to Scroll of Paralysis-lock them, you'll run into the issue pretty quickly: https://www.dropbox.com/s/d74eg3ih5e4r8h5/8a09285fa7044c9bbff85e2e949532e3%2017943107%20RaedricsHold.savegame?dl=0

Edited by thelee

2 answers to this question

PIllars of eternty (Hard) 1st playtrough: 155h, 38 m (main Ranger with bear(bow), Eder, Durance(off tank), Hirvais(off tank), Kana(ranged), Aloth/GM)
PIllars of eternty (PtoD) 2nd playtrough: 88h 30 m (main Bleak Walker Paladin, Eder, Barbarian, Monk, Rogue (ranged) Cypher(wand)
(not counting reloads and experimenting)
status i love the game, hate the bugs, and wish for better AI and Pathfinding

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/78749-needed-qualyty-of-life-improvements-information-and-transparency/

merge suggested

PIllars of eternty (Hard) 1st playtrough: 155h, 38 m (main Ranger with bear(bow), Eder, Durance(off tank), Hirvais(off tank), Kana(ranged), Aloth/GM)
PIllars of eternty (PtoD) 2nd playtrough: 88h 30 m (main Bleak Walker Paladin, Eder, Barbarian, Monk, Rogue (ranged) Cypher(wand)
(not counting reloads and experimenting)
status i love the game, hate the bugs, and wish for better AI and Pathfinding

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/78749-needed-qualyty-of-life-improvements-information-and-transparency/