Unplayable Optimization Still

fortuntek

Question

From beta to release to the most recent patch (1.04 as of writing) PoE remains unplayable on my gaming PC due to menu and audio delay problems. It takes several seconds to navigate menus such as the inventory, levelup screen, character creation, and character audio playback takes several seconds to kick in. I've just been playing on my old laptop instead which is fine but I'd like to be able to play on my gaming desktop at some point.

Clearly there's some kind of incompatibility somewhere, or optimization problem with my particular PC setup. I thought regular patches would fix it but if anyone has any ideas on where to look I'd appreciate it. I read somewhere that Hamachi causes slowdown problems but I looked and I've uninstalled that ages ago, and no driver or trace of it seems to be remaining. Thoughts? Ideas?

DxDiag.txt

3 answers to this question

From beta to release to the most recent patch (1.04 as of writing) PoE remains unplayable on my gaming PC due to menu and audio delay problems. It takes several seconds to navigate menus such as the inventory, levelup screen, character creation, and character audio playback takes several seconds to kick in. I've just been playing on my old laptop instead which is fine but I'd like to be able to play on my gaming desktop at some point.

Clearly there's some kind of incompatibility somewhere, or optimization problem with my particular PC setup. I thought regular patches would fix it but if anyone has any ideas on where to look I'd appreciate it. I read somewhere that Hamachi causes slowdown problems but I looked and I've uninstalled that ages ago, and no driver or trace of it seems to be remaining. Thoughts? Ideas?

Hamachi

Did you remove the virtual devices that hamachi create?

Did you read this?:

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/72049-workarounds-for-several-known-issues-4-07-15/

Edited by Sanquiz

Yes i know, my english sux.

I have, yes. Still looking around to see if there's anything else it could be. Realized I have a TVersity media server that I haven't used in years that still runs silently on startup. Uninstalled it, but no luck. Wondering if there may be some other culprit. Will keep looking, I don't seem to have any virtual devices installed that I'm aware of, but then I have all sorts of stuff I don't use anymore. Might go on (another) uninstalling spree.

Okay, I've fixed it. It wasn't VPN or virtual servers after all, disabling TCP/IPv6 (as your thread link suggested) fixed the issue.

For those having the same problem, the easiest way to do this in Windows 7 is:

Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > click Local Area Connection (or named something similar) > click Properties > uncheck "Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)"

Edited by fortuntek