Not possible to drop to 3 resolve with Aedyr background

Psychevore

Question

ztlz2u.jpg

When building previous characters I was able to get the background bonus and then go back to the stat screen and drop it off again to get the minimum, but I could not do this with Aedyr background. Instead, when you go back, it automatically drops to 3 and goes back up to 4 when you get to the background screen.

In other words, the Aedyr bonus does not seem 'permanent', for lack of a better description.

Or am I missing something here and is this working as intended?

I'd really like the 16 int tongue.png can do without the resolve wink.png

Oh and yes, I could of course change to a background with +1 int instead, but... this character isn't mine. I did the min-maxing, but everything else was picked by my girlfriend.

Edited by Psychevore

2 answers to this question

The base range of attributes is 3 - 18.  You can't assign less than 3 points to an attribute, or more than 18.  Racial and cultural modifiers can cause the final value of an attribute to be higher or lower than that range, but those modifiers don't change how many points you can assign to an attribute.

In other words, if you lower your character's Resolve to 3, but you happen to be a Human from Aedyr, your character sheet will show "3 + 1 (Human) + 1 (Aedyr) = 5" and it will not be possible to lower your Resolve any further.

I believe that this is working as intended.