Game crush golden valley

Kailes

Question

2 answers to this question

Your problem is almost certainly that you're running a 32-bit operating system with 4 gig of RAM or less. This causes crashes on area transition, especially to content-intensive areas like Gilded Vale, Copperbridge, Caed Nua and some others. The bad new is, this is going to happen A LOT in your game. The good news is, it's not a permanent thing. If you reload the game and try again you'll make it eventually. Just get used to making a save every time you're about to leave a map. You can also try going to another area, save, and THEN go to Gilded Vale. And if it still crashes, try restarting your computer and loading the game up again. I know it's a pain, but you'll make it eventually.

There are workarounds for this. I have  WinXP too, and my game runs like charm. I put this link (once more). Try this topic, page 3. Easy tweaks to make the game run without crashes on 32 bits systems, allowing windows to use more RAM for PoE:

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/71503-poe-and-windows-xp/page-3

EDIT: Obs is a at work to try to adress the problem on 32 bits systems. Don't seem to be an easy matter though.

Edited by Abel