My official "Thank you!"

Okay, I know that's ridiculous, I'm going to do it anyway, since I just reached 200 hours played (damn you!). 

I've been a backer since the first day, and I did wait desperately for the game being released. I didn't do much on betas (Linux user), and even didn't take a too close look until it was released. I didn't want to spoil my experience, hope you understand that :).

When it was released, I got a few days off work (heh, who'd have thought, yours busiest time, my playtime!).

I am stunned by the game. It is by far the best RPG I've played since DA:O, and ye, it's an EA title, still, I gotta' love it.

I'd call the deal we had "we ordered, you delivered". And I want to thank you, because in the end, a Kickstarter is basically like being an investment - though, I'd have only lost ~130 bucks and a single investor would have lost way more :D.

Things I definitely LOVE:

•  Solo Play-Throughs - good one :) .. and a lot of fun. No idea how to deal with Adra dragon solo (to kill it) yet, but it's cool :D.
  • Party and characters: Great characters
  • Localization: Voice on Aloth in German? The Austrian buddy speaking? Well done, a lot of fun.
  • Story telling: Who ever wrote the damn story, and especially the comprehensive dialogs: Tell me where to send the Chocolate. That was impressive work, especially considering the dialog trees, even though there were 1-2 bugs in the end, that's a failure rate of like 0.001 % I guess. Very impressive, I love it.
  • Combat System: Ye, people can disagree here, but especially on harder modes - knowing the skills is essential, as it is on solo play-throughs (as using traps etc.). 
  • Game-Feeling: Caught me from the first moment, the whole setup and style of the Game.

Things could have been better though, what I did miss:

• A Character System where they like/dislike you, within that, romances.
  • Character System: More personality and more about the chars than the "tell me all about you" dialog, during the progress, there was not much added to the initial dialogs as far as I'm concerned.
  • Twin Elms: Could have been done better, actually, it felt as if it was cut (very) short there.
  • Environmental use: This was not done that bad, but I think the monsters react "dumb" on your environmental use.
  • Combat System: It sometimes seems as if only the closest char is attacked, but in the end it boils down to a path-finding algorithm. That could have been way better, and way more challanging.
  • Charakter Portraits should be mapped the the Character you created, or even more to what your character currently looks like. I hated having to choose one.

I think this is definitely the best RPG in the past years, what's not a shame for other RPGs, but you should be proud of what you achieved. But if you give another RPG a shot, I certainly say it even can be done better. Considering the budget, this was a great game (I do know about budgets of AAA titles going from 15-30 Millions depending on the target group, not in the industry, but certainly did risk calculations for those kind of things).

I hope you got some profit out of the game and can consider kickstarting and/or financing another game after the few bugs left are patched up. That would be great.

Edited by STiAT
  • Like 4