Kolsc killed Kolsc

Kingsy

Question

Just had a funny moment happen and was curious about what caused it, so figured I'd properly report it.

Well as the title implies Kolsc hit and killed himself during battle without any spells being cast against him.

gvLFzXq.jpg

I've attached the necessary files however the save files are 4mb and max upload size here is 1mb? I've uploaded it here if it's really required.

Also I'm not 100% it's even the correct one because I can't identify them via their file name. (I have three separate games)

So how did Kolsc kill Kolsc? It was towards the end of the fight.. some kind of seppuku perhaps?

output_log.txt

DxDiag.txt

2 answers to this question

that's how kolsc died in my game as well.

he casts an aoe spell at whoever is closest to him.  If that character is right next to him, he hits himsel with it too.  since he's usually weakened by damage already when he casts the spell, he croaks.

not sure which spell gives slash damage though.  might be some custom spell he has.

also, not the only enemy to have killed themselves in this manner;  I've noticed it at least a dozen times in my game.  any creature/npc that can cast or do AOE damage that is not foe specific can kill themselves like this.

frankly, if the AI is so bad that it can't target spells away from itself, perhaps they should just make enemy aoe spells not able to harm same faction npcs.

I once had a whole group of opponents kill themselves and eachother in the Temple of Woedica because everything clustered up like this little bundle of everyone-is-Engaged-with-everyone-and-no-one-can-move (not that I've ever seen enemies trying to reposition themselves either way, or build distance between you and them). There were two mages with one of my people in-between and then threw AoE:s at eachother and killed eachother and themselves.

Good times.

[...]

frankly, if the AI is so bad that it can't target spells away from itself, perhaps they should just make enemy aoe spells not able to harm same faction npcs.

That would be the laziest "solution" ever, and only be a workaround for the issue. They need to make the AI aware of AoE effects, and try to move away when they can, and so on and so forth. Intelligent movement and targeting, not just water the mechanics and the tactical combat down because the AI can't handle it.

Edited by Luckmann

t50aJUd.jpg