Tulki

Per-encounter abilities permanently disabled

Question

Aloth's Grimoire Slam per-encounter ability has become permanently unusable as it is labelled "currently active" whether he's in combat or not. Resting or dismissing and re-hiring him do not work.

I recall this bug being triggered during a fight when Aloth began the animation for Grimoire Slam, but the enemy died before he was able to launch it.

Anecdotal: I have heard others mention the same bug happening for other per-encounter class unlocks as well, not just Grimoire Slam.

2 answers to this question

Hey Tulki,

This issue is happening a few different ways. If you save/load just after using the ability or if you use the ability just before a cutscene. We are hoping for a fix in an upcoming update.

Thanks for the information

Just wanted to add that I am stuck with this bug as well, seemed to happen shortly after leveling Aloth up. If there's anything I can throw at the problem to help isolate it, let me know. I've tried swapping out the grimoire, removing Aloth from the party, resting in various locations, etc. - the ability is still disabled.