Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Question about common pantheon on Eora

religion lore gods

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

kesat

kesat

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Since i finished the game today i wonder about one point in the conclusion and lore (major spoiler following):

Spoiler

Well, maybe i'm just questioning the lore too much... ;)

anameforobsidian

anameforobsidian

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1085 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

They said they spread the gods to distant nations.  I think it's more likely that distant nations means places like the Valian Republic and the Living Lands, and then slowly those people spread the gods on their own.

kesat

kesat

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

The Vailian Republics are just another (former) colony like Dyrwood. Even Old Vailia (which is located far to the south) didn't exist during the Engwithan Empire and is located several thousand miles southwest of the Eastern Reach, probably on the same "old world continent" like Aedyr.

As far as i can tell (referring to Kana), they had contact to cultures in the Rauatai Gulf which they influenced. And it's safe to assume they also had contact to other "neighbouring" cultures (on the same continent), e.g. the Ixamitl plains.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: religion, lore, gods

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users