Teir Evron bugged? Can't progress main quest

sparklecat

Question

Two issues:

1. Every time I enter Teir Evron, I get the following messages in my log:

Location Discovered!  Blocked Passage - 150xp earned

Location Discovered! Hall of Stars - 150xp earned

Auto-Paused: Enemy Spotted (Small Rain Blight)

There is no rain blight, or any other enemy, in the room, and I get the messages again when I leave and come back.

2. There's supposed to be something for me to do in here, right?  I'm supposed to be able to pray to the god(s) of my choice somehow for the main quest, and to Hylea before I go fight the dragon that took over her temple?  I have bookshelves with various books, a blocked passageway I can inspect, and a little altar holding an adra shard, but nothing that's giving me the option to pray.

Edited by sparklecat

14 answers to this question

Perhaps the problem is that I picked up two quests I have to go in there for before I first went inside, and they're clashing somehow?

Yup, tested this out and I was right: accepting The Nest Above The Clouds after you've been given Council of Stars but before you've gone into Teir Evron to pray renders the central... thingy in the room unselectable, preventing you from progressing with the main quest. 

Going and killing the dragon without talking to Hylea first, then turning in that quest might be a workaround, but I'm just going to back up a couple hours, myself.

• Like 1

I'm actually experiencing what seems to be a very similar problem to yours, regarding Teir Evron and being unable to progress with the Council of the Stars quest. 

In my case, I chose the Galawain route, which follows The Old Queen and the New King quest. I completed the steps required, which take you through Galawain's Maw. The journal then tells me that I can accept divine favor from Galawain in Teir Evron, but I'm unable to do this. I can't interact with the central "thingy" in the room, nor can I choose any new dialogue options from Galawain's altar.

I should also note that I believe I had also grabbed the Nest in the Sky quest beforehand as well.

Sadly, I don't have a save before this point and seem to be out of luck for now. Hoping I won't need to scrap ~41 hours of playtime because of this. 

Hmm.  Does The Old Queen and the New King seem to have a way you could complete or fail it without Galawain's favour?  Talking to Hylea first definitely seemed optional for the other quest, so finishing them both might allow you progress.

If not, this is pretty clearly gamebreaking, so I'd certainly hope they would put out a retroactive fix.

Actually, no, that wasn't the problem at all; last night I loaded an earlier save from before Nest and entered Teir Evron, at which point the central thingy was selectable.  Just now, I loaded the exact same save again and it's not.  It's also doing what I described in the OP again, with the repeating log messages and the phantom rain blight.

eta: and then I loaded up that save a third time, picked up the adra shard from the altar, and it became selectable.  When I tried that and had Nest active as well, however, it did not work.

eta2: Just tried my save with Nest active and went back and picked up the shard again; this time it worked.  So either I'm misremembering or there's something rather strange going on.

Edited by sparklecat

I"m having the same issue with not being able to do anything in Teir Evron, but I do not have The Nest Above the Clouds quest.  I've never been able to pray to any god in here - just got in for the first time. 

Have only a few of us had this issue?

Yep - the point is picking up the adra shard.

I actually did both Hylea's and Galawain's quest before ever entering Teir Evron, and just didn't complete Rymrgand's quest because you need something from Teir Evron to complete it. In spite of that, everything went fine.

I do get the double experience notice and the Rain Blight message, as well, although it doesn't have any detrimental effect.

• Like 1

Therefore I have sailed the seas and come

To the holy city of Byzantium. -W.B. Yeats

Χριστός ἀνέστη!

I'll add that I'm also experiencing the odd "double xp" bug when re-entering Teir Evron. If only that were the least of my issues here...

I went back as far as I could with my save and tried different methods of completing the Old Queen and the New King, but I still can't accept divine favor from Galawain's altar, despite what the journal is telling me.

I suppose I could just forget that quest, and progress by completing one of the other ones in order to gain divine favor. It's seriously bothering me though, just leaving it "hanging" like that in what appears to be a broken state. I somewhat humorously/stupidly failed Rymgrand's quest and the Sky Dragon from the Nest quest is wrecking me, so back to the drawing board on that, I guess.