Permanently knocked down by trolls after today's patch

Detocroix

Question

I was fighting a troll + mushrooms in catacombs(?) of Defiance Bay first area. The troll knocked down two of my party members who got permanently stuck on knocked down position. I tried resting in the location, but it didn't fix it. There are no knocked down debuffs or anything to signal me if they are still knocked down or not, they are unable to move and use skills. You can order them around and the "move to" marker appears, but they are still on the ground and unable to do anything.

Screenshot (if it helps):

Screenshot%202015-04-03%2023.49.30.png

Save game:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/238567/Bugs/Pillars%20of%20Eternity/082f45a4-4793-4e31-86a4-3ee8f0a239dd%20quicksave.savegame

Bonus:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/238567/Bugs/Pillars%20of%20Eternity/Screenshot%202015-04-03%2021.47.50.jpg

After the patch, flame axe thing (I don't saddly remember what it was) is shown as full size item art instead of the scaled / square cut icon

3 answers to this question

Hi there,

Exact same thing happened to me, in the same place, with Aloth. This was prior to my installing the 1.3 patch.

I've discovered that using the "talk" action allows the character to move, albeit while sliding along the whole time quite eerily.

From this you can then leave areas (in this instance, travel back to Defiance Bay topside). But the character cannot attack, cannot perform abilities and periodically gets stuck and needs to be talked to again.

I'd reload a previous save but stand to lose around 15-20 hours which I'd prefer not to lose.

Any thoughts? Will update as to whether the new patch install worked for me.

Detocroix, I tested the save you provided and both companions were standing - all normal.

My current build doesn't differ much from that of the 1.03 patch, so I'm starting to consider installation/client issues as a possible explanation.

Have you tried this save again after closing the client, or after performing a clean install (it's a bit of a shot in the dark, I know).

Keep me posted if any of that solves your problem (Jekeya, if the patch fixed it for you I'd also like to know).

Thanks!

Jorge

Detocroix, I tested the save you provided and both companions were standing - all normal.

My current build doesn't differ much from that of the 1.03 patch, so I'm starting to consider installation/client issues as a possible explanation.

Have you tried this save again after closing the client, or after performing a clean install (it's a bit of a shot in the dark, I know).

Keep me posted if any of that solves your problem (Jekeya, if the patch fixed it for you I'd also like to know).

Thanks!

Jorge

Looks like the closing the client and reloading works. I didn't actually even try that, I just copied the save file to a safe location, loaded older save and continued with that. Looks like it indeed isn't a permanent issue.