Summon skeletons spell bug

artsan677

Question

I have encountered this ridiculous bug, which has probably been triggered by using Kana's summon skeletons spell. After using the skeletons, two of them have become unarmed and appear in a certain place on EVERY map. Plus they are unkillable. I made a picture of what the bug looks like. Any ideas on how to get rid of them? Encountering them on every map is seriously hurting my level of immersion.

glitch.jpg

7 answers to this question

I see currently no choice but to go back to my last save where I had not used the summon skeletons chant. Unfortunately, that was around six hours ago lol :D They said they fixed it for Wizard spells with the new patch, but what about other casters who have summon spells, huh?!

I am posting DxDiag report, save file and output log. Could not use forum's internal uploader for some reason, so please find the files using the following Filedropper links:

DxDiag report - http://www.filedropper.com/dxdiag_2

Output log - http://www.filedropper.com/outputlog_3

Save file with skeletons at Caed Nua - http://www.filedropper.com/2120f06f6df5433481fef1443632383710613549caednua

This bug is actually causing me the problem of not being able to leave a room I am in Raedric's Hold in the armory, and one of those skeletons appeared in a different area, which is actually preventing me from leaving the room I am in. No way of being able to dismiss the skeleton, or kill it, unless I want it to attack one of the priests, which makes that area all hostile.

I do suggest anyone that is having a problem with any doors in any area, take a look around the map and make sure there is no summons on the map anywhere.

This bug is actually causing me the problem of not being able to leave a room I am in Raedric's Hold in the armory, and one of those skeletons appeared in a different area, which is actually preventing me from leaving the room I am in. No way of being able to dismiss the skeleton, or kill it, unless I want it to attack one of the priests, which makes that area all hostile.

I do suggest anyone that is having a problem with any doors in any area, take a look around the map and make sure there is no summons on the map anywhere.

This is exactly why I decided not to simply ignore the skeletons, but to go back to a save where I had just included Kana in my party and had not yet used any summoning spells. The skeletons were already causing issues in fights in Od Nua, because hostile creatures could not pass through them. I did not want to take the risk that the skeletons would seriously mess something up, as appears to be the case with your issue in Raedric's Hold.

I noticed the problem quite late after starting to use the summons spell, actually, which is why I will not use any summons until it is guaranteed by the devs that they will disappear. It actually would be logical to be able to unsummon summoned creatures at will, as in some other games. The current bug is a shame though, because the ability to summon creatures is at times highly useful and also essential roleplay-wise.