Stuck in Defiance Bay

Call me crazy, but I´ve been spending the last 3 hours figuring out how to progress at this point.

Which is weird, because I already beat the game once without a problem, but either my quest is bugged or my brain somehow just lost it´s cognitive ability.

1) My quest, after reaching and completing the temple of Woedica from the catacombs, has not updated to the next one. It just tells me to "search Defiance Bay for Leaden Key activities". The walkthroughs I´ve read tells me that it should automatically update with the next quest.

2) I cannot enter the Heritage Hill tower. I can´t remember how I did it the first time. I´ve tried buffing up to 22 might and bring a 11 mechanics hireling with me, to no avail. Do I need to meet another requirement?

3) I can´t enter the Sanitarium past the initial first part of the basement. I remember there being a letter somewhere implicating the warden fellow, that allowed me to do so, but I forgot where that is. Also, the interactive chest there has me worried. I know I opened it last time, but how I cannot remember.

I´ve looked at several walkthrough, but none of them have given me the answer. What did I miss?

Concerning the Temple of Woedica I can't really help you, have you tried going back there to see if it does anything?

for 2.+3.

2. You can strongarm the Guards into letting you in or talk to the person training the new recruits in the Crucible Knights HQ. Either one should make the guard open the doors for you.

3. The interactive chest: it contains a wicht, the necromancer in the catacombs wants you to open it so it kills the Animancer in the same room, but you don't need to open it in order to advance any quests if you decide to just kill the necromancer instead. The Letters were in the room next to this one (NE from the one with the chest)

Concerning the Temple of Woedica I can't really help you, have you tried going back there to see if it does anything?

for 2.+3.

2. You can strongarm the Guards into letting you in or talk to the person training the new recruits in the Crucible Knights HQ. Either one should make the guard open the doors for you.

3. The interactive chest: it contains a wicht, the necromancer in the catacombs wants you to open it so it kills the Animancer in the same room, but you don't need to open it in order to advance any quests if you decide to just kill the necromancer instead. The Letters were in the room next to this one (NE from the one with the chest)

Thanks for the reply. I´ve installed the IE mod hoping to use the ForceAdvanceQuest console command, but it refuses to force the quest forward. Reloading/transitioning/rebooting doesn´t help either.

Regarding Heritage hill, I do not mean the actual Heritage Hill, but the tower which you have to climb in order to reach the top. I can interact with the stone gate itself, but there is only one option in the interactive dialogue: 1: Leave.

Well, I am honestly at a loss here. Perhaps if someone would be so kind as to tell me how to enter the heritage hill tower, I might be able to advance the quest.

I have tried to use the console command to ForceAdvanceQuest, but it does not. The command works with other quests.

But yeah, Cannot enter lower sanitarium, cannot enter heritage hill TOWER, cannot talk to lady webb, cannot talk to aloth about his strange behavior. **** me, right?

Well, I am honestly at a loss here. Perhaps if someone would be so kind as to tell me how to enter the heritage hill tower, I might be able to advance the quest.

When I entered the tower, the game said that I used the password that I'd gotten from the Acolyte in the Temple of Woedica.  You could try going back to the Temple and talking to the guy who's practicing; I think he's the one who gave me the code words.