Have Cypher, Tried Rogue..Now, about Druids.....

Sorry if you keep seeing me post silly questions. Honestly I am having fun and that's what it is all about right?

How are druids? I was also thinking of starting a 'new' game and building one. I got plenty of information about Cyphers and they are pretty cool. 

What are some Options that Druids bring and how would i build one? 

Ranged? 

Melee?

I have read in many sub forums that they are excellent dps casters, or do I just go Bear form and melee it up?

Thanks again!

In the early game druids can act as a two-hander or a tank with a shield while opening each encounter by shapeshifting. The druid forms are incredibly powerful until they teeter off after the first half of the game. After this, you should stick to the back with lighter armor (or none at all) and try to cast spells exclusively. If you're willing to micromanage them, the shapeshift is still useful later in the game and you can easily outfit a druid with a quarterstaff to help with melee damage after that twelve seconds is up.

Max might for damage and intelligence for duration and AoE size.

• Like 1

Sorry if you keep seeing me post silly questions. Honestly I am having fun and that's what it is all about right?

How are druids? I was also thinking of starting a 'new' game and building one. I got plenty of information about Cyphers and they are pretty cool. 

What are some Options that Druids bring and how would i build one? 

Ranged? 

Melee?

I have read in many sub forums that they are excellent dps casters, or do I just go Bear form and melee it up?

Thanks again!

ranged, dont use spiritshift afer lvl 5-6 since your equipment will be way better than spiritshift.

You can build it for mele if you want , since they have good hp, but dont spiritshift.

Edited by Arctic

Druids are fantastic spellcasters, and shifting makes the early game when you have fewer spells/rest much easier - it eventually becomes very weak and near-suicidal to use a druid in melee though as your accuracy doesn't keep up with enchanted weapons plus you're too squishy if you're built for damage.

Druids are the caster with what I feel have the most useful spells and not too many blatantly overpowered ones(Wizard/Priest have some very cheesy spells and then lots of junk) although overall they probably are too much in one package. I used the biggest variety of different spells on my druid. I'd say the worst tier is level 2 though, where Blizzard > everything else by far. They feel the most "dynamic" to play, and when you're free to nuke without regard for spells/rest on difficult fights it's very fun.

Visually they're also just awesome. I think the shapeshifts could look better though.