Well for me the jury is still out on both of those (Rooting and TW). Unfortunately, until I test it in practice I won't be able to know how useful it is because testing it just in one zone against generic enemies is obviously not enough. I think that in my case Rooting might be more useful as my team does get hit a lot, which really wouldn't be the case for all those teams that use tanks + dps monk kill stealing in the rear. Rooting Pain doesn't seem that bad when you look at the alternatives. I'll open new thread so you can see how Force of Anguished worked for me in practice and why I removed it although in theory it looked good.

Oh and I can confirm low Int isn't a problem in the group. I mean, yea, it's invonvenience but you have to sacrifice something.

Silver Tides are insane, I wouldn't even know they're that good of an ability if it wasn't for the uselessness of other racial abilities that made me look further. What's more is that healing depends on Might and when you have high Might and high level character that's about 50 Endurance each Tide (so 150 per character). And then x6. Your whole party is like one wave going up and down and not dying unless the battle is prolonged.

Edited by The Josip

Has anyone tried this, or something similar? 

I put my starting stats all at 15, except Int which is down to 3.

Plan to focus on the passive abilities, though Rooting Pain's range will be squished down. 

I have done the same it depends how you build it

you can level up your monk so that they have no duration skills and no aoe skills, if you dump points in res you make up the lack of will. Its actually a really powerful build i see a nerf incoming tbh.

PS-

18 might, 19 con, 10 dex, 9 per, 4 int, 18 res, moon godlike is what im running with no weapons and the heaviest armour i could find.

I'd rather dump con instead of int as a moon godlike monk.