Crashing on Mac

ednanf

Question

I experienced a fair share of crashes since I bought the game on release date, but for some reason since yesterday it has become a rule that the game will crash once either quicksaving or loading in a map transition on any map.

If this was a problem present since the beginning I would understand, but it got worse with time. I tried to look for a solution, but everyone seems to have a little bit of different issues.

Any Mac user experiencing the same issue?

My specs:

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013)

2.4 GHz Intel Core i5

8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Intel Iris 1536 MB

7 answers to this question

I experienced a fair share of crashes since I bought the game on release date, but for some reason since yesterday it has become a rule that the game will crash once either quicksaving or loading in a map transition on any map.

If this was a problem present since the beginning I would understand, but it got worse with time. I tried to look for a solution, but everyone seems to have a little bit of different issues.

Any Mac user experiencing the same issue?

My specs:

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013)

2.4 GHz Intel Core i5

8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Intel Iris 1536 MB

I have a similar system (15 inch, GeForce 750M 2GB in addition to the Intel Iris--you probably have both as well), and haven't crashed yet.

[edit]

Oh, I did disable steam cloud saves for PoE, as I sync with my PC via Dropbox.  That may be worth a shot.

Edited by complexmath

I had the usual crashes between transitions, sometimes worse than others. However, now I can no longer enter my main stronghold building (with endless dungeon access) without the game freezing and requiring a force quit. I am 24 hours into the game (some folks mention load times are slow after 20 hours). 

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)

2 GHz Intel Core i7

8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Hello all.  We apologize for the inconvenience that this is causing.  We are currently in the process of trying to nail this one down, as we are aware of the issues that are happening to OSX users, especially on MacBooks.  Thank you for your support and patience while we deal with this issue.

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/