Problem with Endless Paths of Od Nua

Hello, it's my first post on forum, so firstly i'd like to say HI to everyone. Now, i've played for about 26 hours of pillars of eternity. I haven't really touched main story much, i've been exploring. I reached Endless Paths of Od Nua lv 13, and i'm stuck at the gate in the front. I know i should talk to the ghost to get the password, but little fellow doesn't really feel like talking to me. Same as with Vampire in one of previous levels, he doesn't understand my language. I can't "spot" the button on the floor, that should open doors behind him too. I've got a ranger with 20 perception in my team, should be enought., same with bottom that should open a secret room in the lvl 9, where i should get one of the parts for the blade of the endless paths. I just  can't spot damn thing on the wall. Do i have all of those problems, becouse i decided to release Maerwald, instead of absorbing his knowledge? If yes, can i still finish Endless Paths of Od Nua?

Have a look at this.  It is a quick walkthrough of what you need to do in order to get past that door.  It purposely avoids plot spoilers.

I was a bit confused thinking that you'd double posted, but I see this is in a different thread. We'll probably clean these up eventually so there's only one thread, but for right now I hope you've got the solution right. Thanks for sharing! Good luck and happy adventuring.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!