Obsidian: PoE is a SUPERB game but the companion’s stats and talent choice are AWFUL!

First of all, well done for making this instant classic and superb CRPG. I feel like I'm playing BG again but with some great improvements/changes.

I could go on all day about this fantastic game but there is one thing which is driving me crazy(er). The companion's stats, talent and ability choices are insane.

I know, it can be argued that these add to the RP character of the companions and we can always roll are own at an inn but that's not an answer.

I want the awesome character personalities and story that you've written for these companions but the choice of stat, talent and ability is a real problem for me.

What about adding the option to respec? That way, I can keep these very well written companions but have not so crap stats/talents/abilities.

I know there is a mod (called IE Mod) which allows to change the characters level back to 1 then re-level up but does anyone know if this is OK, long term? I've seen mods break save games in other games such as Skyrim, so I'm a bit hesitant to try a mod for this. And will that mod refund stat, talent and ability choices?

First of all, well done for making this instant classic and superb CRPG. I feel like I'm playing BG again but with some great improvements/changes.

I could go on all day about this fantastic game but there is one thing which is driving me crazy(er). The companion's stats, talent and ability choices are insane.

I know, it can be argued that these add to the RP character of the companions and we can always roll are own at an inn but that's not an answer.

I want the awesome character personalities and story that you've written for these companions but the choice of stat, talent and ability is a real problem for me.

What about adding the option to respec? That way, I can keep these very well written companions but have not so crap stats/talents/abilities.

I know there is a mod (called IE Mod) which allows to change the characters level back to 1 then re-level up but does anyone know if this is OK, long term? I've seen mods break save games in other games such as Skyrim, so I'm a bit hesitant to try a mod for this. And will that mod refund stat, talent and ability choices?

But you are not supposed to be able to make really inferior choices in this game. :) Did devs fail in their intentions in your opinion?