Losing all Quick items

letniesukienki

Question

6 answers to this question

Here is a 1.03.0526 Windows/Steam save that can reproduce the bug.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1we8qqznze2hoq4/quick_items_lost_bug.rar?dl=0

1. Load the save.
  2. Observe that Kana has two beetle summoning items in his quick slots and a poison dart trap in his inventory.
  3. Talk to the innkeeper.
  4. Choose party management, select dismiss Kana and accept the resulting 5 man party.
  5. Choose party management, recruit Kana and accept the resulting 6 man party.
  6. Exit inn interface.
  7. Observe that Kana's quick item slots and inventory are now empty.
  8. *Wailing and gnashing of teeth optional at this point*

Sigh... Now to either redo the last two hours of playing, accept that the nice beetles are gone forever, or find out how to create beetle-summoning items via console.

• Like 2

When I said death before dishonour, I meant it alphabetically.

You gave Kana the beetle items too? I lost those and a spider-summoning item on him. I didn't have a save to go back to...

I don't want to use the console, since I want to keep achievements enabled.

I accidently hit the console key a couple of times. Hope I haven't buggered the achievements. :(

You gave Kana the beetle items too? I lost those and a spider-summoning item on him. I didn't have a save to go back to...

I don't want to use the console, since I want to keep achievements enabled.

Yeah, Kana insisted that he be the one with the beetle items, as that would provide him with a funny answer whenever people asked him what he had in his pocketses.

Also, as I use Kana as a ranged Chanter, he's the ideal character for using quick slot items and spell granting items since he isn't locked in melee so can be freely repositioned and has plenty of spare time when not autoattacking or using the rare invocation to use items.

• Like 1

When I said death before dishonour, I meant it alphabetically.