Sanitarium [not sure if bug or supposed to happen] [SPOILERS]

So I just went to the Sanitarium to deal with Aloth's angry past life and figured I should just do the Key's mission while I am here.  Upon completing it and Theloth body jumps to the golems everyone upstairs turns hostile.  Is this supposed to happen?   

I had almost the same "bug" I did not approve of Enso's (spelling) research and everyone turned hostile for me, now I can't talk to the npc Nans and the quest is failed =( Wish there was a friends spell 

Everyone upstairs turns hostile?  No, that definitely didn't happen for me, so yeah, bug.

eta: looked through the bug report thread and someone had a theory that would fit with how I handled the situation; after the constructs go hostile, try killing them all before talking to Azo again

Edited by sparklecat

Yeah, definitely sounds like a bug. Those upstairs didn't turn hostile for me. Only way I could think it not being a bug is if you hit someone below who was not hostile, but that seems unlikely as everyone seemed to turn hostile, except one or two individuals.

The Adventures of Abattoir, my Pillars of Eternity Let's Play! Following Abattoir, an Aumaua-sized Death Godlike Cipher who wishes to prove to the world that Death Godlikes can be trustworthy and helpful, while getting caught in some terrible circumstances.

I'm in the same boat, with no save to revert to (my fault) and the quest already failed / completed.  Unless this next patch retroactively applies a fix, I'm done for sometime.  Such a shame, and entirely avoidable (and entirely my fault).  Just don't have the inclination to start up a new game.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

After completing The Man Who Waits (Subdue Uscgrim) the player can speak to Azo and threaten to expose him to Ethelmoer. Azo will attack the player. If the player performs a Save/Load after defeating Azo in this manor Freyol and the Patients in the cafeteria area will respawn. It is possible for hostile characters to still be in the area which starts a fight between the hostile Flesh Golems and the Patients. This act will hostile the entire Sanitarium against the player (even the upstairs). We are going to try and have a fix in an upcoming update.