OS X Black screen on game start

gramathy

Question

Game starts to a black screen with gauntlet cursor. Can't get to main menu, cmd-F doesn't work to flicker the screen to get to options.

Player.log indicates it's probably an issue with switching screen resolutions, full log attached:

(Filename: /Applications/buildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/MacStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

3 data files parsed!

(Filename: /Applications/buildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/MacStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

--->MatchResolutionToIndex(1920x1200) returning 1

--->TryChangeResolutionAndDisplayMode(1, Fullscreen)...

--->TryChangeResolutionAndDisplayMode(1, Fullscreen) _currentResolutionIndex is 1, _currentDisplayMode is Unknown

--->TryChangeResolutionAndDisplayMode(1, Fullscreen) returning false.  Not initialized.

--->ChangeDisplayModeRoutine( Fullscreen, True )...

--->ChangeDisplayModeRoutine( Fullscreen, True ) _currentDisplayMode is Unknown

--->ChangeDisplayModeRoutine( Fullscreen, True ) calling Screen.fullscreen(true).

Switching to 1920x1200 fullscreen
Receiving unhandled NULL exception
Obtained 15 stack frames.

7 answers to this question

My guess is :

- the issue is related to the unity / mono combo : I got the same issue with Dungeon of the endless & Endless legend (was fixed in the first one a few weeks after launch, the second is still affected). Wasteland 2 (no mono AFAIK) was never affected.

- its not multiple monitors alone that triggers this bug. I have only one monitor, but it's wired with HDMI, and if I toggle fullscreen I got the same issue (black screen, audio and cursor, and unity/player.log spammed with unable to find monitor / switching res.

Really hope they'll fix this quick, playing windowed is such a pain...

I'm having the same issue. I have a late 2013 15" rMBP with a GeForce GT 750M graphics card, and an external DP-connected display at 2560x1440. Here's what my log looks like:

--->TryChangeDisplayMode(Windowed)...

--->TryChangeDisplayMode(Windowed) _currentDisplayMode is Fullscreen

--->GetDesktopResolution() returning 2560x1440

--->GetCorrectWindowedDisplayMode() returning Fullscreen

--->TryChangeDisplayMode(Fullscreen) _currentDisplayMode already correct - nothing to do.

QuerySomethingChanged() Something changed

--->MatchResolutionToIndex(2560x1440) returning 0

--->TryChangeResolutionAndDisplayMode(0, Windowed)...

--->TryChangeResolutionAndDisplayMode(0, Windowed) _currentResolutionIndex is 0, _currentDisplayMode is Fullscreen

--->TryChangeResolutionAndDisplayMode(0, Windowed) already at desired resolution, only changing display mode.

I got 632KB of log file in just a few seconds of running the game...