Playing a Priest of Eothas, talking to Eder

My main character is an Eothasian priest, I only just recruited Eder. In my conversation with him we talk about his faith in detail, yet I am given no option to tell him that I not only share his faith, but that I am in fact a priest of his church. That felt... weird.

• Like 1

Its even weirder when talking with Durance in front of Eder.  He interjects once during the discussion with Kolsc, but you can have another a more general conversation at any time and bring the conversation around to the counter-Purges of Eothasians, which Durance quite happily admits to participating in.   You'd think this would provoke a reaction, or inter-party conflict.  But not so far... 

• Like 1

I'm playing a cipher. I'm wondering if there are special interactions with Grieving Mother for my class, but I have the help turned off--so honestly I wouldn't know if that line of dialogue is extra or not.

I, too, felt that there was an extreme lack of initial dialogue playing a Priest of Eothas. Nothing with the war hero farmer or in the bowels of the once-holy place. Nothing with meeting Durance.

On top of that, playing a sterile character (a godlike) I was asked if I'd ever born a Hollow child...

The game so far (I am going slowly choosing how I want my first playthrough to go, so I have not gone exceptionally far) is good, and there's a metric buttload of prose written (like for when you touch peoples' souls) but there's dialogue that seems absolutely missing or misplaced when you take into account who your character is. It's hard to account for EVERY permutaion, but for the most obvious (religious folks interacting on religious topics makes for a great example) they really missed the mark a bit.

I don't think it makes the game bad, by any means, but the sites giving it a perfect 100 (or 10/10 or 5/5 or 4/4 or whatever) clearly didn't play through on a character who doesn't fit the mainstream, because it is glaringly obvious that there's missing dialogue. (And, honestly, it's glaringly obvious that they didn't have all the dialogue done at the same time anyway, because you cut from voiced to non-voiced a LOT) ...

Edited by Corwynn Maelstrom
  • Like 2

The game so far (I am going slowly choosing how I want my first playthrough to go, so I have not gone exceptionally far) is good, and there's a metric buttload of prose written (like for when you touch peoples' souls) 

So, question on that.  Is that stuff ever relevant in some way?  Because the sheer number of them (and how many are inexplicably godlike, which the lore describes as rare) makes me think its backer related nonsense that isn't relevant to anything at all.  I've been dutifully clicking on them in hopes they're relevant to something, somewhere, but it is starting to seem really unlikely.   And rather repetitive.

Edited by Voss