Other Companions in Conversations?

Yeah, Intermissions are fine. So, you know, that's kind of a lame design decision. I think that's actually the first really big thing I'll actually make a fuss about for change going on in the future. The cons for this type of system far outweigh the pros.

Edited by Bryy

Umm, why? It'd be boring if all companions would talk in same blank slate-ish way PC does and there is no way they could write dialog for all possible characters talking to all possible npcs. Espicially ones like Durance who don't talk normally ever.

Heck, there aren't CRPGs were you can have companions do conversation checks <_< At most you have Icewind Dale where you can use any of your created pcs at conversations

Yeah, Intermissions are fine. So, you know, that's kind of a lame design decision. I think that's actually the first really big thing I'll actually make a fuss about for change going on in the future. The cons for this type of system far outweigh the pros.

It's a balancing decision. If you could freely select who can talk to the NPC, you could basicly just get rid of the skills in general, as you will always have someone with the appropriate skill in your party.

It's fine the way it is, imho. At least it feels like your PC skill choice really matters in the game. I just wish there were more mechanics or survival checks in dialogues. So far, the only skills worth getting for the PC are athletics and lore, as those have the most dialogue choices.

Edited by Zwiebelchen
  • Like 1