[BUG] Blurry image after zooming in and back out

Dghelneshi

Question

Hi.

After zooming in 5 steps and then zooming back out 5 steps, the image does not look like it did originally. Instead, it is rather blurry. I suspect this is caused by floating point imprecision not allowing the zoom level to return to exactly 1.0, triggering up/downscaling.

Some screenshots for comparison: http://imgur.com/a/OqZrg  (yes, those are lossy jpegs, but it's still clearly visible)

I currently work around this by using "setZoomRange 1 100", thus not allowing zooming in at all and automatically clamping the value to exactly 1.0 in case the same thing happens for zooming out (haven't tested extensively which zoom levels trigger this).

I realize this might seem like a minor bug to some, but it is a bug nonetheless and I did notice it pretty quickly.

1 answer to this question

I have noticed this bug as well, when you zoom out and then back to default you get a blurrier image. It can be fixed by hitting the default zoom key, which will not change the zoom level if you are already at default but will instantly restore the detail. Makes me think something is funky with the zoom system.