Crash on Char Creation

wretch11

Question

Pre-purchased the game on steam, Pre-loaded it yesterday. When I tried playing this afternoon, I never got passed the character creation. To describe the issue briefly, everything on screen, except the mouse cursor will freeze on whatever frame it's displaying. I can still move the mouse and I still get the sound effects from clicking on character creation menu items, but the screen does not update. Music still plays. Only way to quit the game is to alt+f4.

Im using latest Nvidia drivers and Ive done the necessary preliminaries though steam (e.g Verifying game cache ect)

Rig:

Cpu: AMD FX-8350 (stock)

GPU: EVGA GTX 970

Driver version: 347.88

Ive included my output log file, if a DXDiag helps, please let me know and ill include it herein.

output_log.txt

2 answers to this question

I seem to have resolved my problem and pinpointed what was causing it. For those who are experiencing similar prob, in my case the culprit was my fan controller "EVGA Precision X16". Playing without the fan controller will cause heat to build up though, nothing serious, seeing as the game isn't too demanding, but still, more heat is never a good thing. Thankfully, I simply had to revert back to Precision X15 and the game is running stable after 3 consecutive hours of gameplay.