Looking at building a mainly RP character

Hey guys, noob poster here but I've KS'd the game from the beginning.

I'm looking at making a primarily RP character that focuses on having all the options available for conversations, is able to disarm traps/find secret doors, and things like that.  Being effective in combat is also important but as the MC I want to make sure that I'm able to talk my way through something if desired or can open that elusive locked chest.  

Is there any recommendation on a direction for this kind of build?  I'm sure Lore and Mechanics are important, and in that case would it make sense to focus on Perception/Resolve/Intelligence?  What kind of class would benefit from this at all, if any?

Sorry if it's already been asked.  Hope everyone is as excited as I am!

The system is set up such that all of the attributes and skills have some applicability in dialogue and in scripted interactions.  Ideally, every character is a "roleplaying character."  It is likely that stuff like STR, CON, and Athletics are more applicable to scripted interactions, while INT, RES, and Lore are more useful in dialogue, but each should open its fair share of doors in terms of quest completion and/or combat avoidance.

In practice, the balance may not be perfect, but that remains to be seen.  For example, we don't really know whether the situations where your main character alone must pass a check (as opposed to ones where your companions can help out) are skewed to certain attributes/skills. 

Edited by Enoch

Not possible. The game is designed around all characters having unique dialogue options based on their stats rather than just shoving them all under intelligence or charisma. Without cheating to get max stats and skills you're never going to have a perfect "rp" character, so just make a character that seems interesting to roleplay and run with that rather than trying to win the conversations.

Also, selecting a locked conversation options won't always get you the best outcome in a situation. Sure you might be able to use your high lore skill to tell the bandits that they're camping in a hallowed ground of historical importance and suggest they move to a new hideout, but they might not be as happy to hear your advice as they would have if you have used your high might to threaten them with force.

Also, selecting a locked conversation options won't always get you the best outcome in a situation. Sure you might be able to use your high lore skill to tell the bandits that they're camping in a hallowed ground of historical importance and suggest they move to a new hideout, but they might not be as happy to hear your advice as they would have if you have used your high might to threaten them with force.

Which is, incidentally, awesome.  There's nothing I enjoy more at tabletop games than, say, having my player's high intimidate check against someone important when there are guards standing five feet away backfire on them horribly :D  High numbers shouldn't be an automatic "win situation" button.

Edited by sparklecat