Should non-backer streamers and Youtubers be promoting themselves here? perhaps a new subforum...

People are welcome here. No one's going to drive off new members. Now, to be fair, I don't think that's what people want. As I take it, folks just don't want streaming/reviewing/spoiling content in this particular sub-forum. The fact is, we don't know how things will shake down as the release date comes in the next couple of days. No matter what, we should be able to accommodate new members who have their own desires and investment in the game, and that investment can be simple interest in finding out more about the project and title.

It's simply not going to okay to try to keep some sort of board purity. However, the Obsidian boards have a long *long* tradition of allowing folks to give voice to all manner of opinions and advocate a broad swatch of positions. There's a difference between saying you want a forum set up to keep spoilers out of the general sub-forum and saying you want to deny new membership. Even then, I don't see why we can't allow people to say what they want, even if they won't get it.

For my part, I try to weigh in sparingly on these issues because I have to try to maintain at least some perspective. So far, we *don't* have a real problem. Let's not man the barricades on either side just yet. I'm preaching calm for the time being because I'm confident that we'll have some sort of resolution before the game ships. For the time being, if you've gotten advanced word about something in the game, don't post it here. Post it in one of the other sub-forums. If you think it's not spoilerish enough to worry, but it's still advance word, just put a tag on it. It might be moved or it might stay. If you don't want advanced word about anything, just be careful. There's absolutely nothing I can do about the streaming videos. Frankly, BAdler gave the best advice so far: don't watch streaming videos if you're worried about spoilers.

No matter what, I can assure you that everyone, from the lowly newest moderator volunteer like me up to the godlike community manager, is looking out for you. ...And that *you* is every member in good standing, new or old. :Cant's end of the pep talk icon:

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!