How difficult would it be to reduce/remove some FX?

I am a bit bothered with stuff like the loot-shine and glowing enchanted weapons, not simply because it is non-IE but because it is a bit immersion breaking to me. Would it be difficult to change or remove some such effects yourself?

• Like 2

Based on my very limited knowledge, I think removing the glow on enchanted weapons and such would be fairly easy, but removing loot-shine and such could be harder, depending on how it's done. But I'd be very surprised if the former wouldn't be quite easy.

The only one I can imagine has any real clue would be Bester or maybe Sensuki.

t50aJUd.jpg

Based on my very limited knowledge, I think removing the glow on enchanted weapons and such would be fairly easy, but removing loot-shine and such could be harder, depending on how it's done. But I'd be very surprised if the former wouldn't be quite easy.

The only one I can imagine has any real clue would be Bester or maybe Sensuki.

Yeah, they are prob the best bet. I'm thinking that the shine from the loot, which is giving me MMO-vibes, might require some kind of replacement to highlight the loot though.. Do tab highlight stuff on the ground?

I think I saw Bester posted a link to a mod which allows you to modify some assets in the game. I don't know if those are considered shaders or how they're classified in the engine, but I think there's a chance it's possible. When Obsidian makes the change later on to Unity 5 not only is it free to use, they've made it much easier to mod stuff in that version. So maybe in the next few months after release we can do stuff like that a lot easier.

• Like 1