Which melee class has the most 'active' abilities?

I unfortunately lack access to the backer beta, and so in my research to figure out what class I'll play on my first runthrough of the game I'm finding myself wondering about how 'active' some of the classes are. Specifically I'm interesting in rolling a more melee oriented character, however I'm concerned about how many of the abilities on the melee classes actually involve active use vs. giving passive buffs. From what I can tell it seems like the Fighter and Paladin, for instance, have a lot of abilities that just buff their own combat capabilities or that of their party whilst having relatively few abilities which are actively cast. Any suggestions on what melee oriented classes are the most 'active' to play?

I believe you can check out classes and their abilities in the wiki page

Obviously mages will have tons of spells to chose from and they are not listed, but non-caster classes have their abilities listed there. I'm not sure if it is a complete list, but you can get a general idea of what to expect. It looks like most non-caster classes have the same amount of abilities.