Every item bug I can find in v435

Sensuki

Question

This thread contains the bugs I found when I did a single pass on most of the items in the game that are available in the backer beta files. Any issues that were not related to missing strings, item description issues or character art clipping I recorded in here.

It took me about 16 hours to do, and I did not do all of the item types. The following item types were excluded:

Crafting Ingredients, Regular Food, Potions, Scrolls, Traps, Keys, Gems, Grimoires, Lore Books, Misc Items, Pets, Quest Items and most Monster Items.

Below is listed in alphabetical order, items and a brief description of their bugs, with a hyperlink to the post containing the information

amulet_soulward - increases Will by 5 and Reflex by 10, but does not include a string for the Reflex bonus, should say Of Reflex: +10 Reflex

bracers_backer_spirit_spiral - does not appear to have any properties, or if it does, they are not listed on the item description.

cape_05 / cape_eothas - incorrect texture/color I think. It used to be green like the icon

cape_backer_cape_of_many_feathers - Pretty sure this item is supposed to be made of feathers

cape_backer_liliths_shawl - icon doesn't match 3d model

cape_orange - is not orange

cape_white - doesn't have a white icon

cloak_backer_cloak_of_the_fox_and_hunter - issues here with the Summon Noble Creature spell

cloth_outfit_generic - has a cool new version for females, but males still have old crappy version - male version could use updating

figurines - see this thread

flail_backer_unforgiven & flail_starcaller - Both of these flails are the same item. I think one of them is supposed to be different

food_stew and food_savoury_pie - Stew and Savoury Pie give exactly the same bonus. They probably should be different.
food (special dishes) - none of them give a dexterity bonus

great_sword_gilt_blade_of_lorn - This item is just a regular Fine Great Sword with no unique description or unique/enchanted properties

great_sword02 - This is probably a monster greatsword that doesn't drop in the game, but the incorrect icon size is being used.

hat_backer_dandy_hat_of_the_diseased_yak - incorrect icon and 3d model

hat_backer_hermits_hat - Incorrect icon, and no color/texture on the hat. Not sure if it's the correct 3d model either

hat_backer_munacra_arret - missing icon and likely incorrect icon

hat_crested - bugs out Elf and Orlan ears, you can see through their head

hat_hooded_turban - doesn't sit properly on Male Elves

hat_liripipe_of_thinking - incorrect icon, 3D model

hat_waages_hat_of_leadership - Likely an incorrect icon/3D model, has an equipping sound of chain mail

helm_bleak_hood - incorrect icon, incorrect 3D model, no gold value and if it's supposed to do anything, it doesn't (like have a property).

helm_cl_helm08_hood - incorrect icon

helm_eothasian_crest - incorrect icon, no value

helm_footpads_hood - incorrect icon

helm_frog - has a hat sound effect, should have a plate sound effect or something

helm_full - incorrect icon

helm_nasal - can see through Orlan and Elf heads because the ears have been disabled

helm_pl_helm06_animat - can see through Orlan and Elf heads because the ears have been disabled

helm_pl_helm10_conquistador - can see through Orlan and Elf heads because the ears have been disabled

helm_plumed - covers the eyes of Male Dwarves and Male Elves

helm_ram_horn - doesn't sit correctly on Male Elf head and you can see through their head. Sits correctly on Female Orlan head but you can *just* see through their head

helm_the_dunryd_demon - might not be a bug, but it's using the default helm icon/3d model

helm_small_horn - Doesn't sit correctly on Male Dwarves, Female Orlans or Male Elves - need to check more races, might edit post later

helm_stag - the female model for this helm covers their eyes (all races), but it does not on males - some example included.

helm_winged - can see through male elf head - orlans not a problem as the wings cover the hole in their head from the removed ears, example included

hunting_bow_crooked_bee - 3 bugs

hunting_bow_lenas_er - 2 bugs

leather_armor_exceptional, leather_armor_fine and all items that use the exceptional model as a base - Female Aumaua has no bust, whereas other races do. Female Aumaua should have the largest bust.

leather_armor_rebels_call - The Armor of Faith spell it grants uses the armor icon instead of the Armor of Faith icon.

mace_cyclops_death - possibly OP DR bypass

mace_hanovers_fist_of_dodm - I think the string and item file name for this is supposed to be Hanover's Fist of Doom rather than dodm. It's also just a regular Exceptional Mace with no enchanted/unique properties and has a regular mace item description

mail_armor and mail_armor_fine - use the same model, intended?
mantle_of_wreathing_flame - This might be a developer joke item or something not intended for the game, but just in case it isn't ...
minor_cloak_of_detection - no icon, no properties. could have also been a cut item?
padded_armor_02 - no color for females
padded_armor_fine and padded_armor_exceptional use the same model - incorrectly mapped model for exceptional maybe?

All Unique Padded Armors also use the same model ... this is the only armor type that has this issue, could it be incorrectly mapped models or lack of unique models?
pistol_maverick - Was just wondering whether it was meant to have an enchanted/unique property or two?
plate_armor_fine - gives incorrect DR bonuses, it gives +3 DR to slash and pierce, and only +1 to shock.
plate_armor_exceptional - gives incorrect DR bonuses, it gives +3 DR to slash and pierce, and only +1 to shock.
pollaxe_spectacular_spetum - Shouldn't this item be a Fine Pike ?
robe_armor_exceptional - uses the same icon and model as normal robe armor. Fine Robes have a unique icon and model, so I assume these are incorrectly mapped?
rod_pike_jaw - no enchanted/unique properties - it's just a fine rod - not sure if that's correct

sabre_sword_of_pix - same, just want to check if it's an exceptional sabre with a unique model/icon with no extra properties
scale_armor_backer_hirbels_protective_skin - incorrectly mapped models on females

scale_armor_eder - - incorrectly mapped models on females
scale_armor_pikes_pride - incorrectly mapped model on males
shield_medium_adra - incorrect deflection and -accuracy

shield_medium_animat - incorrect deflection and -accuracy
shield_medium_ilfan_byrngars_solace - no sound mapped to equip/unequip/pick up
shield_medium_redfield - Grants an Ability called Harbinger with a missing string, not sure how the ability is activated. In the ability file it says something about Chill Fog
shield_medium_scath_gwannek - grants the Winter Wind ability, but has 0/rest so you can't use it.
spear_treave_conqueror - same as some other items - just want to check to make sure this is supposed to be a plain exceptional spear with no enchantments/unique properties ?
sword_ymyran - this one is probably a cut sword, if not, it needs a revamp and a new icon and changed 3d model
All War Bows still have a disappearing arrow issue when equipped.

There are still some issues I need to do another pass for such as incorrectly mapped 3D models and sounds. You guys (Obsidian) are probably best to look into incorrectly mapped icons if you have time. I will also do a potion test some other time

Edited by TrueNeutral
  • Like 1

hunting_bow_crooked_bee

NBFmTlg.jpg

• Does not include item description provided by the backer
  • Might be missing a special property - I know Crooked Bee on the RPGCodex so I will ask her what she requested and edit the post later
  • Suffers from "pink arrow" issue

hunting_bow_lenas_er

s2fyrZa.jpg

• Base Damage is incorrect (should be 12-18), although heh - Hunting Bows probably should do 13-20 as their base damage is really bad IMO
  • Suffers from "pink arrow" issue
Edited by TrueNeutral

leather_armor_exceptional, leather_armor_fine and all items that use the exceptional model as a base

Female Aumaua has no bust, whereas other races do. Female Aumaua should have the largest bust.

eGInPIw.jpg

qx4L0Ry.jpg

Edited by Sensuki

leather_armor_rebels_call

yiRHaxn.jpg

The Armor of Faith spell it grants uses the armor icon instead of the Armor of Faith icon. There also appears to be no difference between Major Spellbind, Minor Spellbind and Spell Holding.

mace_cyclops_death - I assume this is a Monster weapon due to the missing strings and high base damage, however I wanted to point out that the Reliable property of 10 DR bypass is probably out of date. We recently had issues where Adra and Stone Beetles were bypassing 10 DR and it made it pointless to wear armor against them. I think this weapon might need to be looked at there as well, and the Mace DR bypass lowered to something less gnarly.

It's also using the incorrect icon size and the temporary mace icon from v257

And there seems to be a major problem with the bonus damage calculation - base 20-28 but 67-93 from 21 Might ? Ooookay then.

mLzWhfS.jpg

mace_hanovers_fist_of_dodm - I think the string and item file name for this is supposed to be Hanover's Fist of Doom rather than dodm. It's also just a regular Exceptional Mace with no enchanted/unique properties and has a regular mace item description - unless it's supposed to be that way.

Ntcbqn9.jpg

Edited by TrueNeutral

mantle_of_wreathing_flame - This might be a developer joke item or something not intended for the game, but just in case it isn't ...

The item grants the spell "Wreathing Flame" 3/rest. The spell uses the icon of the mantle/cloak in the UI and it is an AoE spell from the caster that hurts allies and enemies

ivKuxNd.jpg

I assume that this is probably wrong or just not an item appearing in the game ?

minor_cloak_of_detection - no icon, no properties. could have also been a cut item?

L0Ave7d.jpg

Edited by Sensuki

padded_armor_fine and padded_armor_exceptional use the same model - incorrectly mapped model for exceptional maybe?

All Unique Padded Armors also use the same model ... this is the only armor type that has this issue, could it be incorrectly mapped models or lack of unique models?

pistol_maverick - Was just wondering whether it was meant to have an enchanted/unique property or two?

R8hiG6y.jpg

pistol_sitra_achara - suffers from the same issue. Sitra Achara is an item from the RPGCodex Item Set, I can probably ask on the Codex what it was supposed to have

1v4Fwsy.jpg

plate_armor_fine - gives incorrect DR bonuses, it gives +3 DR to slash and pierce, and only +1 to shock. The same happens again for Exceptional. I will need to check with ushas and check his rounding errors thread to see if he covered this or not.

DDqoUNs.jpgOLmO5zV.jpg

pollaxe_spectacular_spetum

2xGN1FY.jpg

Shouldn't this item be a Fine Pike ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spetum

quarterstaff_backer_taluntains_staff - lacking any unique/enchanted properties whatsoever - Taluntain is an RPGCodex Admin, I can ask him what they were supposed to be

MARaz3S.jpg

Edited by Sensuki

sword_lyssandras_blade - plain exceptional sword, should it have any unique/enchanted properties?

nH7Wp2t.jpg

robe_armor_exceptional - uses the same icon and model as normal robe armor. Fine Robes have a unique icon and model, so I assume these are incorrectly mapped?

S1XeP84.jpg

Edited by TrueNeutral

rod_pike_jaw - no enchanted/unique properties - it's just a fine rod - not sure if that's correct

sabre_sword_of_pix - same, just want to check if it's an exceptional sabre with a unique model/icon with no extra properties

LDmUjyX.jpgRwEYqqE.jpg

scale_armor_backer_hirbels_protective_skin - incorrectly mapped models on females

scale_armor_eder - - incorrectly mapped models on females

shield_medium_adra & shield_medium_animat

• Incorrect Deflection (should be 15)
  • Incorrect Accuracy Reduction (should be -5)

Dzthwtp.jpgiwZCZY9.jpg

shield_medium_ilfan_byrngars_solace - no sound mapped to equip/unequip/pick up

Edited by Sensuki

shield_medium_redfield - Grants an Ability called Harbinger with a missing string, not sure how the ability is activated. In the ability file it says something about Chill Fog

jDDNz4t.jpg

shield_medium_scath_gwannek - grants the Winter Wind ability, but has 0/rest so you can't use it.

I94WxGZ.jpg

spear_treave_conqueror - same as some other items - just want to check to make sure this is supposed to be a plain exceptional spear with no enchantments/unique properties ?

dvRpZZs.jpg

sword_ymyran - this one is probably a cut sword, if not, it needs a revamp and a new icon and changed 3d model

OqrClzl.jpg

Edited by Sensuki

I take it that the proper version of Mabec's Mace and Borresaine are the Morning Star and War Bow versions. 

All War Bows still have a disappearing arrow issue when equipped.

war_hammer_jarpies - regular exceptional property, just want to make sure it's not missing enchantments/unique properties

k9aBZQg.jpg

Edited by Sensuki

Just wanted to update this

Obsidian definitely went through this thread, because many/most of the issues have been corrected, some of the things I reported were probably not bugs, or bugs with items that have been cut from the game. Regardless here is the list of items not fixed in v480

food (special dishes) - none of them give a dexterity bonus
hat_backer_dandy_hat_of_the_diseased_yak - incorrect icon (is a helmet, when it should be a hat)
hat_backer_munacra_arret - No 3D model and likely incorrect icon - don't think this backer would be happy if their item didn't have a 3D model
hat_crested - bugs out orlan ears (havent checked female elf or male

orlan)
hat_liripipe_of_thinking - incorrect icon and 3D model
hat_waages_hat_of_leadership - Likely an incorrect icon/3D model, has an equipping sound of chain mail

helm_footpads_hood - incorrect icon
helm_bleak_hood - incorrect icon, incorrect 3D model, no gold value and if it's supposed to do anything, it doesn't (like have a property).

helm_cl_helm08_hood - incorrect icon
helm_eothasian_crest - incorrect icon, no value
helm_frog - has a hat sound effect, should have a plate sound effect or something

helm_full - possibly incorrect icon 
helm_nasal - can see through Orlan heads
helm_pl_helm06_animat - can see through Orlan heads
helm_pl_helm10_conquistador - can see through Orlan heads
helm_plumed - kinda covers the eyes of Male Dwarves
helm_the_dunryd_demon - might not be a bug, but it's using the default helm icon/3d model

helm_stag - the female model for this helm covers their eyes (all races),

but it does not on males - some example included.
padded_armor_02 - no color for females
scale_armor_eder - incorrectly mapped models on females
shield_medium_adra - incorrect deflection and -accuracy
shield_medium_animat - incorrect deflection and -accuracy
shield_medium_ilfan_byrngars_solace - no sound mapped to equip/unequip/pick up

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 1