[435] THAT ITEM DESCRIPTION BUG I WAS TALKING ABOUT

Sensuki

Question

I finally reproduced this bug, but I'm not really sure what causes it:

All I did was fight Medreth's group, and send a character to loot a specific body, and then inspected the Brigandine Armor.

When the item description popped up, the Loot UI was parially overlapping the item description page.

This time I saved my output_log.txt file after I exited the game.

edit: The last time this happened I think I loaded a save and it persisted through the save, but this time I exited to the main menu, and that appeared to fix it.

output_log.zip

Edited by Sensuki

5 answers to this question

Did you have the "IE mod" installed both times?

I'm not seeing anything in the output log pointing to an exception as I was expecting / hoping to see. Tons of messages about corrupt level data though which may be the mod just not playing nice.

Quite possibly could be an error with the game proper but couldn't tell just by the log.

Twitter: @robyatadero

Nah man the first time I saw it, the IE mod for v435 was not even made. I forgot I was testing in the modified dll, so I'll go swap it over and keep trying. It's been 9 days since it first happened though, so chances are slim.

The corrupt level lines are there on both versions. They first started appearing during v392. Not sure what causes them, but they're not related to this one (or the IE mod).

Edited by Sensuki

For the record, Sock also encountered it in this thread

He included a description of what he did

12. This is a show stopper. The steps to reproduce this bug:

Make a chanter. Set up 3 chants. Rename one of them (click on "Chant 1" in the chant UI). Activate the named chant. Save the game. Load the save. Remove all chants from the named chant, which should remove it from your UI. Do not activate a new chant. Save the game. Load the game. When you load the game, you should still have three chant modals available, including the one that you named and removed. If you right click on the one you named, it will bring up this: http://i.imgur.com/NFJTnGk.jpg

It cannot be closed. If you try to load without quitting, it will still be there. If you quit and load again, it will be gone, but you still have the broken chant available. You also now have to manually activate all of your chants every time battle starts. If you open your chant menu, you will see this: http://i.imgur.com/NxXSyHL.png

You cannot remove the blank phrase. Adding to it creates more blanks. Removing the phrase with an icon works, but does not resolve anything.

NFJTnGk.jpg

Edited by Sensuki