Is it possible to get a "Consume" button in the item description for food items?

Sensuki

Question

In the Infinity Engine games, you could drink potions and consumables from the inventory screen.

fmeqBKn.png

Potions etc are combat-only for Pillars of Eternity, but several consumables can be used out of combat. 

Glutton.jpg

Because you tend to equip these items only to use them (which takes several button clicks/key presses to equip an item/close the inventory and then use the item from the Main HUD), I think it would be good to look into a button on the item description that allows the player to consume the item from within the inventory screen.

I think the game is paused in the inventory screen, which may be an issue - there's probably a few ways you could handle it, such as simply queuing the action, or just forgoing the animation and playing the consume sound, and adding the buff from the inventory.

I understand this may not be a feasible feature for release day though, but I would request it be added to the task list for a patch, if it doesn't make the cut.

• Like 2

2 answers to this question