So is Obsidian going to make good profit with this game?

I'm certain they will. When all of those who missed out on backing the game find it on Steam and elsewhere, they will get nostalgic just by hearing the great music and watching those magical isometric dreamscapes, and happily buy it. Thanks to this recent postponing of PoE, they will then most likely find it out that the game is a worthy successor of the IE games, with lots of replayability, and then buy the expansion, by the thousands. :)

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Original Sin paid back its investors and made $2 million in three days. It's possible.

Does that mean we're gonna get paid back?! *_*

(Just kidding, :) )

• Like 2

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Original Sin paid back its investors and made $2 million in three days. It's possible.

Does that mean we're gonna get paid back?! *_*

(Just kidding, :) )

That would be awesome! Oh well...

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

I think it would be kinda neat (for realsies here) if a game project that was crowdfunded did well enough to actually offer some kind of "dividends" to the backers. You could have two options:

1) Take your investment interest/profit in money form. OR

2) Take your interest/profit in the form of a credit toward any future game they make.

It would have to be a one-time thing, though. Not "I helped you make a game while sort of simultaneously paying for it, so now I get $20 a month forever." Heh.

Annnnnywho.

Also, I HAVE to say it (in reference to the thread subject)...

It's always possible they make EVIL profit with this game. 6_u

• Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

One thing to remember is that a large audience who backed the game are getting it as a KS reward... so the audience for purchasing new copies is smaller by that amount. Some backers are even sitting on more than one license due to their backer tier so even non backers could end up not having to pay.

EDIT : no idea what happened to my font size here - this is supposed to be size 18 cos it came out tiny first time.

Edited by DanielCoffey