[v278] Changing weapon (of the same type?) does not change fighting animation

nipsen

Question

[Description of the issue]

(Visual/animation problem) If you have a greatsword(1) and an estoc(2) equipped in different weapon sets, when switching between them during combat the slashing animation and the ..plough-ish ;p stance continues when the main weapon changes. The ox stance and the stabbing and so on begins if you disengage from combat and engage again.

[DETAILED list of steps to reproduce the issue AND what to look for]

1. Equip greatsword in one set, Estoc in the other.

2. Engage combat.

3. Switch weapon sets.

4. Damage type switches (presumably the rolls are correct). Animation doesn't switch.

5. Disengage combat.

6. Engage again. Animation seems correct.

[Expected behaviour]

...not sure. I guess the animation is determined when entering combat. Ideally, maybe the character would do a flourish or a step back, lowering the sword, etc (to hide it when magically switching weapons) and then engage the next stance. But probably complicates things too much.

So I'm thinking just an arm transition between the resting stances for the two weapons (specially the two-handed ones) would look really neat. Maybe that could be done relatively easily when switching between other weapons as well? Basically tying it to the resting animation, and giving the switching a little bit movement after the pause ends.

So.. switching the weapon instantly like it is now, but then playing the transition into the next swing. Or possibly switching the weapon in the menu. But making the switch during the small transition animation at the next resting state.

[Other remarks / Comments]

Not sure if this applies to any other weapons in the entire game.. Could be it's only the same major types with different stances? (Sorry about being lazy. I don't have that many different weapons to test with yet :) ).

The injustice must end! Sign the petition and Free the Krug!

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet