Cap'n, I cannae find me mojo!

Ink Blot

Well, it seems it's not just my mojo that disappeared. The game's has as well I think. Getting weird behavior all over the place. No XP for completing quests, all kinds of gear showing up on the floor of the inn (not just what's in the main's hands), practically unkillable mobs, etc. Reinstalling. Hopefully that will get things straightened out.

Yeah, IB, I agree.  I think one of the things that make it tough for folks who have specific griefs, such as kill XP and the like.  How can you tell whether you like combat or the XP system if neither combat nor the XP system work as intended.  I think the beta has been quite useful, but I know from having worked QA before that you really have to put aside your game player expectations when trying to hammer out the deficiencies in the game.  That's why I respect Sen so much, as well as folks who've been toiling away dutifully to find flaws in the system, because it can have a real impact on your overall feelings if you don't keep the crude nature of the build in mind.

Just started my hard run.  No FPWs, but I took on Medreth's band and several beetles between resting and that last group of beetles were a lot tougher on hard level.  Two people down and one *just shy* of shaking off the mortal coil.  I cringe at the idea of the PoD.  I'll do it because I'm an achievement whore, but it promises to be pretty tough in some specific battles.

• Like 1

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!