[278] [pet?] Combat repeatedly reactivates with no enemies in sight

PrimeJunta

Question

Observed: after fighting the forest shamblers in Dyrford Crossing, combat did not deactivate when it should have, but only after wandering off some of the way. Thereafter it periodically re-activated in a variety of areas, including Dyrford, the Dracogen Inn, and Trygil's workshop, despite no enemies being on the map.

I attacked Trygil with A. After defeating him + assistant, combat still did not deactivate. I noticed Piglet's action bar recycling. When I entered the tower, combat mode deactivated, allowing me to pick up Piglet and put her in the inventory.

After that, combat stopped randomly reactivating, leading me to suspect that the problem is related to Piglet.

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

3 answers to this question

Observed: after fighting the forest shamblers in Dyrford Crossing, combat did not deactivate when it should have, but only after wandering off some of the way. Thereafter it periodically re-activated in a variety of areas, including Dyrford, the Dracogen Inn, and Trygil's workshop, despite no enemies being on the map.

I attacked Trygil with A. After defeating him + assistant, combat still did not deactivate. I noticed Piglet's action bar recycling. When I entered the tower, combat mode deactivated, allowing me to pick up Piglet and put her in the inventory.

After that, combat stopped randomly reactivating, leading me to suspect that the problem is related to Piglet.

Did you have a Chanter in the party as well? And what Priest spells did you cast (if any)? I noticed this as well last night but was thinking it had to do with either a Priest spell (unlikely, as I've not noticed it before) or the Chanter using his chant. I thought it may be the Chanter as I haven't used one since the original beta release until last night, and that's the first time I ran into the issue. I don't think I had Piglet at the time.

Nope, no chanter. I don't recall exactly which priest spells I used in the combat with the not-shambling-mounds, but they were nothing too unusual. Suppress Affliction I think, probably that badass boost to all defenses, mmmmaybe Pillar of Faith.

Perhaps the code treats Piglet the same way as a chanter's summons, though, so it could still be the same bug manifesting.

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

The combat state is a bit buggy atm. You can cheat yourself out of a buff if you target an enemy and then cancel the targeting on the character that triggered the combat state, as the buff doesn't apply if the combat state ends.

Edited by Sensuki